SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Payment or In progress Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to find some information on pending payment terminology. Actually I want to post some in progress payment on the customer account (just a placeholder on the account). Then once I receive real payment I will convert this pending payment into real payment (i.e. reverse pending payment and post real payment). Now I am trying to find best way to post this placeholder. How about statistical item? can I use statistical item as a placeholder and once I receive real payment I will reverse statistical payment.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nick:

there are several possible functions which might meet your requirements - payment orders, payment advice note, payment specifications or payment groups. each of these behave a bit differently - but all have the same effect of marking an item to be included for payment. I suggest looking thru the definitions of these processes to see which meets your requirements.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nick:

there are several possible functions which might meet your requirements - payment orders, payment advice note, payment specifications or payment groups. each of these behave a bit differently - but all have the same effect of marking an item to be included for payment. I suggest looking thru the definitions of these processes to see which meets your requirements.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your response.

I want to post this placeholder payment so that I can cancel dis-connection service order (automatically). Do you think payment orders, payment advice note, payment specifications or payment groups can help me in this situation?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

I found Extrenal Payment Collectors functionality under SAP Easy Access >> Menu >> Utilities Industry >> Payments >> External Payment Collectors. According to its help we can process 'advance information' file through FP05 and confirmation file through FPCVS_CONF. I think I can use this functionality, unforunately I wasn't able to execute and check because of some system issues. Whats your thought about this functionality?

Thanks for your help.