cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS: System DEV cannot read test file written by PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in the process of setting up TMS after DEV system refresh with prod database copy.

We have two systems landscape "DEV" and "PRD".when I perform "Check transport groups", i am getting errors (System DEV cannot read test file written by PRD, System PRD cannot read test file written by DEV).

Before refresh, we had virtual systems and TMS was not configured to directly import into production.

We made "PRD" as domain control. I don't see any errors from "Check ->Connection Tool" or "Transport Tool".

RFC connections are working fine too.

When we release transports in DEV, transport is not getting transferred to PRD system. When we look at the transport logs, DEV has ===>0<===. When I click on PRD SID "Import steps not specific to transport request", I see message

"Cannot find import steps that are independent of requests".

Not able to determine the root cause. Read all SAP documentation related to TMS and verified all the configuration steps and couldn't find the root cause.

Please....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rk_007,

if you cannot access /usr/sap/trans (which is linked to directory on dev system) from AL11 on PRD system, you definitely have a problem with the instance user of PRD system.

Please make sure that this user exists on dev system with identical password as in PRD system.

This is described in note 67213.

Kind regards,

Juergen.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read this thread.

[;

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rk_007 ,

did you finally solve your problem ?

Kind regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rk_007,

if your prod system and your dev system are on different iseries hosts,

your directory '/usr/sap/trans' on production box should show a symbolic link like "/QFileSvr.400/HOSTDEV/sapmnt/trans".

Plese check note 67213 for configuration steps.

Kind regards,

Juergen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is the transport directory? If that is shared like it needs to be, you'll need the same users and passwords on both sides. We usually use AL11 to test that process. You can also experiment with authorities of the users to check if that is an issue: grant *ALLOBJ temporarily to sidNN and/or sidADM/sidOFR, depending on your setup, to see if that identifies the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rk_007 ,

we once had a strange problem, where cofiles were created with to few authorities in usr/sap/trans/cofiles.

Transports created in dev were not visible in import queue of qa system.

We had to set attribute *SETGID of cofiles directory to value *YES and everything worked fine again.

Kind regards,

Juergen.