cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define a name for PDA application

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an application developed for PDA device that runs on SAP Mobile Client for handhelds. When the application is deployed to a new handheld, it appears with a default name (i.e. MyTestApp) that we define in NWDS.

We would like to give the application a meaningful name such as "Goods Receipt" when it is presented to end user in the PDA. How do we define such a name for the Application launcher?

Thanks in advance!

Roman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try this by changing the name in install.xml file before deploying the sda file.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I am not able to locate "install.xml" in my project directory. I am working with DC type Mobile UI Component for PDA. Can you please provide a clue on where I can find this file?

Thanks,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

If you are deploying your application using portal web server then you can provide the application name there itself. The steps are -

1. Login into portal WS with admin privileges and navigate to Mobile Infrastructure -> Mobile Archive Converter.

2. Here provide all the required details and give the application name in Description field (remember, not in Name field).

3. Now generate the SDA file and deploy the application.

Regards,

Saurabh M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

If you are working on DC type UI , please try changing the required properties in MCD.xml file in the following location and then redeploy it.

MCD.xml can be found at : ui component (inside ur workspace) -> _comp -> gen -> default -> deploy -> ui sda zip file -> mobile descriptions zip file -> mcd.xml

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Mobile Application for UI explorer, Right Click on the Application you have created, and select Refactor and Rename in the context menu and change to the required name that need to be displayed on the client. Then Rebuild and deploy the application. This will change the display name on the client.

Thanks and Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Thanks for your response. You are correct - changing the name in NWDS and redeploying will indeed update the application name. However, the NWDS "technical" application name does not allow spaces. We would like to give a meaningful name to our application with spaces netween words. In mobile laptop application this is possible by going to Project Properties and maintaining Mobile Component Descriptor text.

However, for PDA application this option is not there. So we are looking for alternative ways to change it.

Roman