cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

embedding an existing form into a separate Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a WDA that has 2 windows. one is a standalone pdf, the other is a selection screen where users can choose a project and it calls the standalone window to display the data in pdf form. it works great.

We are also able to call this standalone pdf window from an external WDA by passing it a project number. This works great, too.

however, a requirement just came up that i need to embed that standalone pdf into an approval screen. I thought this shouldnt be a problem either.

In the approval WDA, I added the pdf WDA as a Used Component.

In the approval View, I added a ViewContainerElement.

In the Approval Window, I embedded the standalone pdf window into the Viewcontainerelement.

I debug the WDA and see that the code flows from the approval WDA to the standalone PDF WDA just fine. However, no PDF appears. I do have a message area at the bottom of the standalone PDF WDA and it DOES appear.. just the PDF is missing.

is there a reason why I can't embed a pdf into a separate WDA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It is possible that the form is available on the screen, but isn't visible because it's collapsed to a height of 0px.

Set the property "height" of the interactiveForm UI element to e.g. 600px explicitly. Is the form visible now?

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

We can use fragments for such requirements but at the end when you add a fragment only the xfo is copied not the data.

so ideally this is not possible in Adobe forms atleast for now. so we need to have links to launch the child form.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

we decided to launch the PDF from a link instead