cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approver / processor disappears after RFx publish

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SRM7 with Process Controlled Workflow. Our RFx is configured as such:

Process schema: 3C_RQ_600_001

Level type: Approval with Completion

Evaluation ID: <our own event defined in BRF>

Task ID: 40007982

Responsible resolver: RR_MANAGER

While we are editing the RFx, the approver/processor is properly populated according to our manager level definition in PPOSA_BBP. And our managers have been assigned /SAPSRM/MANAGER role. But soon (a few seconds) after we publish the RFx, the processor disappeared (turned blank). The RFx doesn't get into the UWL of the managers either. BBP_PD shows workitem ID with status "STARTED".

The fact that the correct approvers showed up during RFx editing made me believe that the approver determination, as well as org structure (manager) is defined correctly. I have found a posting with similar issue: . But recreating the manager user for us (by running hralxsync against those managers) didn't really help.

How is resolver such as RR_MANAGER tied to roles?

Any ideas regarding a potential fix is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the task 40007982 is general task.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

What do I need to check for task 40007982? Or which task should I have used?

We have actually configured the same workflow process in our sandbox which worked fine. But after transporting to our DEV environment, such symptom appeared.

Thanks!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Please check the task 40007982 is general task.

Please go to transaction PFTC and check standard task 40007982.

Additional Data -> Agent Assignment -> Maintain/Display

-> Attributes

The General task should be on.

If the flag is not on, no agent is assigned. The flag is not taken account at simulation mode during creating document but it is checked at run time after document is published.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I got "no authorization" at the very last step - "attribute". I am applying for it now. Will update when I get it. Thanks!!

--- update ---

I worked around the authorization.

After clicking on "attribute" following your instruction, I see a pop up window where the radio button "General forwarding allowed" is checked; classification = "not classified". Two checkboxes for lock are not checked.

Is it the correct setting?

Edited by: Jay Yang on Mar 3, 2011 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

In fact, even though I tried to check the "General Task" radio button on the "attribute" popup and click "Transfer", it does not seem to take effect. The next time I go to "attribute", the radio button is checked on "General forwarding allowed" again.

Is there anything I need to do? Maybe it is my authorization still?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provided the standard procedure to make the standard task into General Task.. Ask you Basis or workflow consultant to enable to general task for task group 40000003 and 40000007.. you have to perform through IMG-SAP Supplier..-Cross-Application -Business Workflow - Process Controlled Workflow - Technical Configuration - Generalize Tasks..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I got the proper authorization, and turned the "General Task" radio button on for standard task 40007982 (via PFTC), it worked. Thanks Masa and Saravanan for your big help!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you see in SLG1?.. are you able to see the approver in workflow log in SWI6?..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLG1 shows me all green regarding workflow, including all BRF traces. I don't have authorization for any SWI* transactions though. Do you have any suggestions without running those transactions?

I have a hunch that it might have something to do with the manager's roles. Do you know exactly what roles are required for RR_MANAGER?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I got the authorization to run some transactions such as SWIA and SWI6.

No, there is no approver/agents in the workflow log for the respective workitem.

I noticed that there is no entry (agent) populated for table SWWUSERWI or SWWORGTASK for the workitem created for the RFx. I don't know exactly when those agents are to be populated (only that it is during publish action) though.

Any hint would be appreciated.