cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Account summary in Report Painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a question around Report painter report. We have such reports where the Profit center is based on the PC group set-up in the PCA Master records. The result is that we can analyze our report painter reports by clicking on a heirarchy and view the output for specific PC only. We want to do the same thing for our GL accounts. For example say 10 GL accounts belong to level 1 and 5 belong to level 2. When we clisk level 1 in Report painter report, the output should be only for 10 accounts.

The issue is that I don't see any place to create GL structure like we have for PC. Can someone please help me if it possible to create suc Account summary nodes?

Thanks,

Shalu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalu

I had this requirement once and I addressed it using SETS

1. Create a Basic SET from GS01.... Basic Set would mean individual groups....

2. Then create a Multi SET from GS01, which would be a combination of Basic Sets...

For eg: GLs for Basic Salary + DA + HRA can be part of Basic Set.... This Basic Set can be part of a Multi Set called Operating expenses

Basically, you can design your sets in the same manner as Your Financial Statement version... While defining the report, you can include your Set in the report definition and choose to "Explode" it or Not... If you explode - Each individual GL account will be shown.... Else, only the group would be shown

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

As advised, I created 4 basic sets with set of GL accounts in them. Each of these sets is using table FAGLFLEXT and field being used is RACCT for Account number. Then I tried to create Multiset that will contain these Basic sets. System requires me to enter RACCT field but when I try to save, I cannot. I get this error that field RACCT is used in several Set lines.

Field RACCT is used in several set lines

Message no. GS013

Diagnosis

You have tried to enter sub-sets for the same table field in several set lines in a multi-set. However, the sub-sets of a multi-set must each belong to different fields ("dimensions").

System Response

The system informs you that the field cannot be used twice.

Procedure

You must correct this double usage of the field before storing the set

Please advise. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Shalu

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalu

Actually I did it a year back and I dont have access to that system now.. Will try to get it tomorrow

Meanwhile, I tried in another system and what you said is correct... I tried creating a Single Set instead of Multi Set and it was allowed

Can you please try with SINGLE SET option in GS01 and see if that helps you in your reporting??

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

SET (GS01) is usually used for Report Writer, Cost Element Group KAH1 for Report Painter.

You can achieve the same results using cost element group (~ account group in FI).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalu,

This Error message shows that you are using the same account in some of your 'Single Sets' and you are grouping these 'Single Sets' in one 'Multiset'. This is not allowed in the system.

I guess your setting is in the following manner.

Single Sets:

A- a/c no:1,2,3

B- a/c no:3,4,5 ※a/c no:3 is duplicated in 2 Single sets which are grouped in same Multiset.

Multiset:

X u2192 A+B

~Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I have created 4 basic sets in GS01 and tried to assign them individually in the Report characteristics for Account number. It does not let me select more than one set. I need to select the range of 4 sets. The To field gets grayed out.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Shalu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

I checked the 4 basic sets I had created for the GL accounts in them but nothing is a duplicate entry.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shalu

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalu

Can you try by creating a SINGLE Dimension SET from these 4 BASIC sets and insert this SINGLE set in your reports?

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the Sets

ZPFI_SET_A

u2193

ZFI_SET_1(1,2,3)

ZFI_SET_2(4,5,6)

ZFI_SET_3(7,8)

Create a Variable

ZF_ACC(Table:GLT0,Field Name:RACCT,Default Entries:All Values,Entry Field on selection Screen:Only Set Entries(it depends

with your requirement))

※If you select 'Only Set Entries' for the variable, you will be able to enter only 1 input value,this is the reason your 'TO' field is greyed out.

Assign this Variable in the 'FROM' field of the 'Account Number' Characteristics.

You can use this as a 'Selection Screen' Field where you have the option of using the 'ZPFI_SET_A' as default entry to report all the 3 singles sets or you can input any of the Single sets(ZFI_SET_1,ZFI_SET_2,ZFI_SET_3).

~Andrew

Edited by: Andrew J on Mar 7, 2011 11:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply. Per my undrestanding from your message, I need to create Set ZPFI_SET_A that should include 3 basic sets, each having different GL acounts. This is where I was stuck as how to include 3 basic sets in one set ZPFI_SET_A?

I did create a variable but then if I cannot create a set with other basic sets in it, I cannot assign this common set to this variable.

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Shalu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

How do we create Multidimension set? I tried to explore but could not find. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Shalu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I was able to create Single Dimension set with 4 Basic sets that I had created. Then I assigned this Single dimension set to my report and looks like it is working.

Let me do few more changes to my report and I will let you know if everything is fine.

Thanks for continuously helping me.

Regards,

Shalu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry i meant ZPFI_SET_A in my example as a Single Set and the other ZPFI_SET_1,2,3 as basic sets.

Hope it works with you.

~Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalu,

The concept of 'Single Set' and 'Multi set' lies in the fields you are using.

In 'Single Set' you can use only 'Single sets' with one field for example 'RACCT' .

But in 'Multi set' you can use 'Single Sets' which have many fields like 'RACCT' , 'BUKRS'..etc

In your scenario i guess you are using only one field 'RACCT' so you can use only 'Single Set' grouped with many 'Single Sets' and 'Basic Set' with values.

~Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use a financial statement version (which is nothing else than a hierarchy of accounts grouped to nodes) that fits your requirement and create sets that can be used in report painter by using T-code KE5B.

Or create the account sets manually using GS01 T-code.

best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you enter cost element (G/L account) group in the report selection, it returns result in cost element hierarchy.

For example, S_ALR_87013613 - all you need to do to click to collapse the icon on the left margin of report. It closes by account group level.

Another alternative is to hard code the account group in the report row.