cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding TreeItemType and Non Modal window in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am showing data in tree format in WDA and handling onAction event of TreeItemType. whenever user is clicking the last node in hierarchy (UI element TreeItemType), I am navigating to detailed view.

the problem I am facing is that user is expanding the tree and selecting the child node to navigate to detailed view and now when he comes back to initial view, entire tree gets collapsed. and this leads user to again expand the tree.

Is anyone have idea on this problem. I wanted my first view to be same after user navigates to 2nd view and comes back to 1st one.

apart from this I have below question,

1) In WDA, we cannot have non-modal window. Correct?

2) If we call external window within WDA then the same application will not work in portal environment (WDA iView). Please let me know if this is correct?

Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Chandra,

What you do when the control returns from view-2 to view-1 ? . Tree is not collapsing itself i suppose. Some how ,Contexts are being manipulated or node is invalidated forcing supply function to call.

You could save the lead selected item before you navigate to view-2. When you come back again position the correct item.

> 1) In WDA, we cannot have non-modal window. Correct?

In what context you mean ? you can have external_window or link_to_url.

If you mean popup then it is not possible to have non-modal.

> 2) If we call external window within WDA then the same application will not work in portal environment (WDA iView). Please let me know if this is correct?

This is correct.

Answers (0)