cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we work for WebDynpro for Java without SDM Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement of developing a webdynpro application.Our client's basis guys are not ready to give SDM Password.They are asking us for .ear files and they said they will deploy the .ear files through SDM.

Can the development of WebDynpro application be done without SDM password.

Regards,

Suraj P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through webdynpro without SDM password you can't deploy in server. Through Visual Admin you can deploy .ear files. This is only way to deploy without SDM password. See the following threads:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/05/4fac3e00c8b014e10000000a114084/content.htm

Kind Regards,

S.Saravanan.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Armin,

I did download this earlier. I was just assuming that there is something else.

thanks again.

regards

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

From where can I download and install the local J2EE engine. We are working on EP7.0, I want a local J2EE engine compatible with this.

Appreciate ur inputs.

regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a62ad7fa-0a01-0010-3489-f3fc32658bd8">here [original link is broken] [original link is broken].

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.Yes I am also looking into that possiblity of transporting .ear files whenever deployment is required.

Regards,

Suraj P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

Can you please elaborate "local j2ee server" for me.

Any help documents related to it would be grateful.

Regards,

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

What I meant is while you are developing you will also need to test before handing it over to the clients. So the "local j2ee server" means a j2ee server running locally in your development environment where you can deploy and test.

I mean you surely don't want to test directly on the client's machine. Once your local tests are successful, you can take the .ear files and give it to your clients to deploy.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

That is ok. But if you go window->preferences->SAP J2EE Engine .

You can see remote host and local host details.

For local host you can see System name, J2EE Instance,scs instance.

I was asking about this one.

Any info on this would be greatful.

Thank You for the response.

Regards,

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

The values that you see in local host details pertain to the j2ee server that you have installed in your local machine.

Look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5a/9b4041b02e4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm">this</a>.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need SDM password to do your development. That's because you will not need it to build your projects/development components.

Once your development is done, deploy it onto your local j2ee server, test it and then take the build archives and give to your clients.

Regards,

Satyajit.