cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher Reverse Proxy NIECONN error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are configuring Web Dispatcher to handle requests from our CRM Portal as a reverse proxy. This was configured and worked fine in QA where both systems were internal. Now that we are going to Production I am encountering an issue.

WD 7.20 is installed on a Windows server in our DMZ. Our portal is inside, and I have configured both systems host files, as well as added a P entry to saprouttab with " P <portal ip> <WDHost IP> *" allowing all ports. We will NAT using our firewall rules for outside traffic to be allowed on certain ports.

I updated the tables using "saprouter -n"

However, now when I run the sapwebdisp -bootstrap and try to configure they are not communicating. For "host name of message server <rdisp/mshost>" should I be entering a saproute string such as "/H/<portal>/S/<port>/H/<WDHost>/" ?

and then for "HTTP Port of Message Server" simply enter the currently configured HTTP port that my CRM Portal is set to? This is how I did it for QA which worked immediately, only there was no saprouter involved.

I am getting the error "ERROR: Connection to message server failed: NIECONN_REFUSED"

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, since I am not seeing any reference to configuring using saprouter in the WD SAPNotes for config.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

I verified the ICF configuration, and we are running kernel 7.00 sup pkg 254. I read in the SAP Note to use the newest version of WD regardless? Or should I be using the 7.00 specifically for my kernel release?

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post I had done an niping and gotten errors. Turns out I cannot even telnet from the WDHost to our Portal.

Again, the WDHost is on a Win server out in our DMZ, and the Portal is an AIX system running inside on our internal network. Upon further inspection it seems there is a firewall rule blocking communication between the two systems, and saprouter is not the issue. I would be glad to take saprouter out of the equation if this is the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just ask your network administrator to allow network traffic between your webdispatcher host and the portal host over the message server http port.. This is sufficient for your configuration.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. I am in the process of doing this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I'm not sure if the webdispatcher can handle a saprouter string in the rdisp/mshost. I think it can't be used..

Also why are you using a saprouter? You can just establish a connection between the webdispatcher and the portal.

For the http port of the message server you can use 81<instance number>

Can you perform a telnet from the webdispatcher host to the portal host on port 81<XX> ? That should be enough..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. What is your CRM Kernel Patch level, use the Web Dispathcer from the kernel files.

2. I believe that rdisp/mshost= 'must be a physical host name' but not the routtab entry

3. In worst case set up niping -s on ms host and use niping -c on the web disp host to see if there is any network issues ( i really dont think but just in case)

4. Activate the all the icf nodes in the abap for the following urls'

sap/public/icf_info

○ /default_host/sap/public/icf_info

○ /default_host/sap/public/icf_info/logon_groups

○ /default_host/sap/public/icf_info/urlprefix

Post the dev_webdisp here after the above tests.

Thanks

SM