SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the functionality 'Write off tolerance' working in a payment lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm trying to get the functionality 'write off tolerance' working in the payment lot, thus for incoming payments to clear more easily and automatically very small payment differences..

I've setup the tolerance groups (as well asbolute as relative values for a couple of euro's/percentages) and in my clearing variant (in clearing control) with only one step for testing purposes I've selected amount rule 3 (Maximum amount diff. for tolerance group, charge off toler.) which automatically check the box 'Write off tolerance'.

Then I've assigned this clearing variant to the Incoming payments proces to a certain clearing category which is selected on the master data of the contract account.

In my example I've got one open item on my customer of 987 euro and I try to post a payment of 986,5 euro and would like to see that the remaining 0,5 euro is automatically written off. I've given it a try but it doesn not seem to work for one reason or another.

Did I forget something or what am I doing wrong. Could you please advise?

Thanks and best regards,

Dimitri

PS: the system I'm working on is SAP ECC 6.0 EP4

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Doesn't anyone have any experience or tips with the situation described above?

Thanks,

Dimitri

Edited by: dimitri_vandenborn123 on Mar 31, 2011 8:38 AM

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dmitri,

You need to configure posting area 0060 to be able to post expenses and revenues relating to differences in amounts.

Have you done that?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer and posting area 0060 is already configured with the correct G/L accounts (FQC0).

The issue I've got is that I can't get this functionality to work although I presume I've make the right setup in customizing.

I've got a clearing variant assigned to the clearing category of my BP for incoming payments and configured it with one step that contains amount rule 3 and has the checkbox 'Write off tolerance' checked. The tolerances are set on 5 euro (absolut).

Then I've created quite some examples with samall differences, hoping to see that a payment that differed only a few cents from the invoice amount would be fully cleared, and the small difference would be automatically posted to the small difference account, but unfortunately I not yet able to create such a posting.

Any idea what I did wrong, or might have forgotten...

Thanks,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In you Tolerance group, If you only want to use absolute amounts, then you must enter the maximum value in the other field(Percent/Percentage) as 99.9.

You need to assign this tolerance group to the Contract accounts.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Best regards,

B.Kartthik