cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leading blank space in text field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have defined include type in designer(adobe) to display text from SO item. which is working very much fine.

If the SO item text is maintained with leading tabs, adobe is able to show the text exactly.

But if the SO item text is maintained with leading spaces, adobe is defaulting value to left by deleting the leading spaces.

I need to show the value in mirror image. Hence i need to retain the leading spaces in adobe too.

Appreciate valuable suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Probably i haven't explained properly.

I am extracting the data from Sales order item text to display in adobe form for print purpose.

I am using include type in adobe designer to get the data from SO line item.

I want to replicate the exact spacing of the so line item text in adobe too.

Issue is when we key in the text in so line item with tabs i am able to replicate exactly in adobe too.

But when we key in the text in so line item with leading spaces,i am unable to replicate the positioning of text in adobe.

by default it is aligned to left. Here i want o replicate same spacing as is in SO line item.

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood correctly, you have the problem when when the item has leading tabs as opposed to leading spaces.

So, why don't you try to replace the spaces with tabs at the point of data retrieval before send it to the adobe?

Cheers,

Andres.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, you are right. I was checking weather we could handle this without scripting.

Moreover, can anyone check whatz wrong with this source. I am trying to pad tab infront of the field value.

But its not happeing.

data.BodyPage_Details.sf_Tsk_Tab_Loop.sf_Seq_Tab_Loop.sf_Opr_Tab_Loop.sf_PRT.sf_PRTData.sf_prt_header_text.PRT_LONG_TEXT::initialize - (JavaScript, client

if ( (sf_PRT.sf_PRTData.sf_prt_header_text.PRT_LONG_TEXT.rawValue) != null )

{

this.rawValue = "\t" + this.sf_PRT.sf_PRTData.sf_prt_header_text.PRT_LONG_TEXT.rawValue;

this.presence = "visible" ;

}

else

{

this.presence = "hidden";

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the script below

var texVal = sf_PRT.sf_PRTData.sf_prt_header_text.PRT_LONG_TEXT.rawValue;
if ( texVal != null && texVal != ""){
     this.rawValue = "\t" + texVal;
     this.presence = "visible" ;
}
else{
     this.presence = "hidden";
}

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to add HTML TAG <PRE> to either raw value or formatted value using java script?

<PRE> will retain the spaces as it is

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot have HTML tags to represent formatted text in adobe.

simple rerason Adobe renderer dont know what that tag is,

but i am sure you can use xhtml or any of the adobe defined tags have a search in Adobe fourms.

Cheers,

Sai

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, close this thread if it has been replied and ask your new question opening a new one. You're likely to have more answers this way.

Cheers,

Andres.