cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver SOAP Adapter (HTTP AXIS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to use receiver soap adapter to communicate with a WebService, actually it is a AXIS service i can see when i give the soap url in web browser.

my question is for axis service, does it mean i have to use HTTP AXIS in the receiver channel to request the response for web service server? Can i use HTTP only without AXIS?

when i use SoapUI to test the webservice, it works fine. But when i use receiver soap adapter with HTTP (without AXIS), it is responding with the belwo error.

<sap:Error ...>

<sap:Category>Application</sap:Category>

<sap:Code area="UNKNOWN">APPLICATION_ERROR</sap:Code>

<sap:AdditionalText>Application Fault</sap:AdditionalText>

<sap:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Axis/sample">host name</sap:ApplicationFaultMessage>

<sap:Stack/>

</sap:Error>

Experts, please help on this, the major question is HTTP AXIS is required when target web service is an AXIS service?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>my question is for axis service, does it mean i have to use HTTP AXIS in the receiver channel to request the response for web service server? Can i use HTTP only without AXIS?

You are going to consume webservice. You can use standard SOAP adapter itself to consume the webservice that is built with axis framework.

Do you have some specific user authentication procedures like SAP Assertion Tickets, username token etc and some specific encapsulation formats (MIME, DIME, MTOM),WS Reliable Messaging and so then you need SOAP Axis adapter. If you need to consume webservice with standard transport protocol (HTTP or HTTPS) and client authentication etc , our standard SOAP adapter is more than enough.

Refer this link what axis soap adapter supports