Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleaning the Tables that store the "Table Logging" + Stopping Application L

0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Table Logging:

-

How can we Delete/Clean OLD entries from Table (DBTABLOG) that stores all Table Logging?

Does SAP have program/transaction for maintaning this table?

2. Application Log:

-

How Can I locate/find the programs/processes that are creating Application Logs ?

We want to stop some of the Application Logging.

Thanks a lot,

Moshe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding Q1 I only know the report RSTBPDEL.

b.rgds, Bernhard

7 REPLIES 7

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding Q1 I only know the report RSTBPDEL.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi!

Function module BAL_DB_SAVE where used list...then search for the other function modules beginning with BAL*

have fun

Flo

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why do you want to stop application log? If your reasons are performance then you can try to enhance already mentioned FM BAL_DB_SAVE and exclude logs for specific use case. So logs will be collected in memory but they won't be committed to DB. If your concern is only DB size then you can run SLG2 to delete unwanted logs.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thank You.

My customer has a LOT of Applicatication Logs that were implemented when they started the project several years ago.

The Integrator that did the project is not there anymore.

They have no documentation of the Application Logs that they implemented. (I think they do not know the use and purpose)

I am a SAP BASIS person , I do not know the use and purpose.

I am trying to help them to understand it and Delete the Logging of UNnecessary processes.

I could not find much on the subject in the Market Place or the Internet.

Thanks ,

Moshe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those tables which have possible legal implications for financial audit compliance are listed in SAP note 112388.

Cheers,

Julius