cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 Sender and receiver adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to develop a scenario where i have to send/receive some GS1 messages to/from our trading partner using AS2 adapters. I have gone through some of the links and blogs realted to as2 adapters but still have some doubts. Request you to help me in understanding those:

1) In receiver AS2 adapter, i am using HTTPS transport protocol and in that case i have to mention some entries like Server certificate and private key authentication under "SSL certificates". So, just wanted to confirm that do i get these certificates from out trading partner and then i have to deploy this on PI server?? If yes then whats the procedure for the same??

2) In sender AS2 adapter, metioning only unique AS2ID (provided by our trading partner) under party identification will result into a communication with our trading partner??or do i need to do something else from my end also??

I am very new to AS2 adapter concepts, so please help me..

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As far as i know

1. yes you will get the certificates from partner and ask basis to deploy in correct folders.

2. AS2ID is one aspect but you also have subject which will help in activating correct channel while receiving EDI's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess, we usually have message subject as "*" in sender AS2 adapters.

But one more thing , i am not sure only specifying WAN number ie AS2ID and message subject(as suggested), will setup a communication between a trading partner and XI system??

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Check the below answers

Q) In receiver AS2 adapter, i am using HTTPS transport protocol and in that case i have to mention some entries like Server certificate and private key authentication under "SSL certificates". So, just wanted to confirm that do i get these certificates from out trading partner and then i have to deploy this on PI server?? If yes then whats the procedure for the same??

A). Yes you need to maintain the Server certificate and private key authentication, generally certificate and SSL certificates are different, but some customers uses the same certificate for SSL also. after you receive the certificate from the customer BASIS people will deploy this certificate in NWA and provide you the path, that path you need to give.

Q) In sender AS2 adapter, metioning only unique AS2ID (provided by our trading partner) under party identification will result into a communication with our trading partner??or do i need to do something else from my end also??

A). AS2ID we mention only at Party.

Q). I guess, we usually have message subject as "*" in sender AS2 adapters.

A). Generally we can use '' so that it can take any message subject data, if your customer using some subject line always then we can use that subject instead of '', but once they changed the subject line it doesn't handle that message.

Q). But one more thing , i am not sure only specifying WAN number ie AS2ID and message subject(as suggested), will setup a communication between a trading partner and XI system??

A). VAN (Value Added Network) is like our network, but they provide the extra security. Instead of Customer details we can give the VAN details, here no customer details are required and there is no other communication required to the partner. Once we send data to the VAN, then VAN sends that data to customer.

Check this link for more info

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828...

Regards,

Ramesh

Answers (0)