cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM DC: Build Plugin IS NOT DEFINED, broken DC, dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'am trying to create BPM component in NWDS 7.2 SP04 and there are some problems.

I've created SC like described in SAP Note 1463541. It said that I need to define required SCs for BPM dc: COMP_BUILDT, BPEM-BUILDT, BPEM-CONTENT, CU-BASE-JAVA, CU-BASE-WD, DATA-MAPPING, ECM-CORE, ENGFACADE, ESCONF_BUILDT, FP-INFRA, FRAMEWORK, MOIN_BUILDT, SAP_BUILDT, SERVICE-COMP, THL-CORE, WD-RUNTIME.

Next I've created track, imported required archives, imported this track in NWDS, and finaly I've created DC of type "Process Composer".

After that I see next problems with my DC:

1. DC cannot be built without another two required DC (ESMP_BUILDT, BPEM-MM).

Is it an error in sap note or something esle?

2. In CBS I can see that some of used DC are bbroken (total DC 430; broken DC 20).

Is it normal or not?

3. I can build my DC in NWDS but when I try to activate it in NWDI I got an error in activation request:

''company.ru/bpm1'' variant ''default'' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.

Build Plugin IS NOT DEFINED for this component or the defined Build Plugin is INVALID.

I think that this is because of broken status of "tc/bpem/bi/bp/buildtool" DC, which is declared as build plugin for my DC.

How to resolve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

see also this :

The error "USAGE FORBINDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT" usually means only that a dependent SC (which you have specified in your track configuration) is simply not imported.

Cheers,

Ervin

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi IIya,

You are absolutely right. The problem is due to the broken DC in CBS.

Please perform the following steps to resolve the issue.

1) Goto the Landscape Configurator link.

2) Chose your track inside the table on the left side.

3) goto the Domain Data option, Click on the "Change" button, and then click on "Update CMS" button (This may take some time)

4) once the CMS Update is finished, open the "Track Data" link that is beside "Domain Data"

5) Now click on the "Change" button, from the software component (SCs) table remove the WebDynpro SC, and add it back once again.

6) Save the Track Data.

7) Now goto Transport Studio, make sure your track is selected in the table

😎 In the Check-In Tab select all the components displayed in the "Check-In" button.

9) Once the Check-In operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Development Tab,

10) In the Development Tab select all the components & click on "Import"

11) Once the Import operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Consolidation Tab,

12) In the Consolidation Tab select all the components & click on "Import"

13) Now come back to your NWDS and remove the configuration that you have imported previously and then again load the same configuration once again from the SLD.

This should resolve your problem...

If the issue still persists even after performing the above steps, then I am afraid to say that the .SCA files present in ...CMS/Inbox folder might have got corrupted.

Please ask your basis team to copy all the standard .SCA files from the path /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/EPS/buildarchives/ to the CMS transport directory (<specified in the domain tab>\CMS\inbox) in order to make these dependencies available for your tracks.

Then again perform the above mentioned 13 steps.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Shreyas

1-13 gave no result, niether did SCAs copying.

There were lots of "USAGE FORBINDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT" meassages in CBS, so I've tried to add missing dependencies between sap SCs. It works, there is no broken DCs now, activation works fine.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "USAGE FORBINDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT" message can appear if you are missing the EP_BUILDT build plugin.

Take a look at SAP note 1243974