Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: File to IDoc scenario

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario which is File to IDoc, in which sender file is of more than 2MB size and for each 2MB an IDoc is to be generated at the receiver end. Is there any option of doing this scenario other than BPM. Kindly provide me any guidance or link using which as a reference I can do the interface.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can try 1..N Message Split Interface without BPM scenario

check the below blog .

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/600b455f-01cd-2b10-0cab-a50e47a8f...

Thanks,

Pushkar Patel

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the replies, the requirement is like for every 100 rows with 25 columns each a new IDoc has to be triggered, however without using BPM.

Regards,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will share with you one of my recent requirements:

In the inbound GL upload to ECC from a 3rd part system; due to some functional constraints we can only upload 899 lines in an idoc at a time...also as soon as a new header comes...they wanted a new idoc.

If you have a similar req then let me know ..will provide the design to you.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Thanks a lot for the replies, the requirement is like for every 100 rows with 25 columns each a new IDoc has to be triggered, however without using BPM.

Regards,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Is there any single field or a footer where the no. of rows in the file is present? (The number of columns is not necessary)

If yes, then use it in a UDF for mapping the IDOC field (before BEGIN) and create/add contexts based on the number of records (splitting/creating each context by 100 etc. based on requirement). Then do the mapping for subsequent fields in the Idoc Structure.

I had a similar scenario (File to IDoc) where I had to create n Idocs for n records in the file.

Regards,

Souvik

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Another way is that if you write a batch file or shell script to split files once they are put in a particular directory of the server. After splitting the script should also move the files sequentially to another specific directory from where PI will pick up for processing. The splitting will be on number of lines of the file.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure about this requirement ?

I doubt this as it can create inconsistency while splitting based on file size (you can loose track of header and line items)...

It will be good if you can do it based on number of rows.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have a scenario which is File to IDoc, in which sender file is of more than 2MB size and for each 2MB an IDoc is to be generated at the receiver end.

It is not possible to split a message based on size of incoimg file.

You need another criteria for splitting, like number of rows in the file.