cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get logic for FPM Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

According to my requirement, I need to find the logic/event that is being executed while selecting an FPM BUTTON( Tech RFx which will generate a window with launchpad url in srm Portal ) as I need to replicate the same functionality in some other developments.

I have found that for enhancing an fpm button event I can go for methods like process_event etc of the related component but I am unable to find out where the logic for the standard functionality has been written.

So please post your valuable comments .

Regards,

Simi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no secret method to determining the logic behind the FPM Button. It will require study and possibly debugging of the web dynpro components in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the Process_EVENT method,

You may check the event ID ,

CASE io_event->mv_event_id.

WHEN 'XXX' -

>(XXX-your EVENT ID comes here)

write your logic .

ENDCASE.

Thanks,

G

Sridhar_Myana
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can check in override_event_oif. Or else it could be in any other configured/used component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

My requirement is not to enhance the button event.How to get the standard functionality of one button action(Tech RFX or Register)?

So that I can implement the same in other developments.

Looking forward for the comments.

Regards,

Simi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to analyse it from the FPM application and component configuration.

Launch pad entry might have been already defined. When the button is pressed , it is possible in the process_event method, using navigation api the lauch pad entry is fired or it is all done in a feeder class .