Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR: handler for IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS not installed

george_younan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo,

iu2019m new to the Jco and Idoc technology. Iu2019m trying to write a JCo Server application in java that receives IDoc from SAP-System.

Iu2019m using the StepByStepServer class from the examples shipped with JCo 3.0.6 as starting point. I could register to the sap gateway and I managed to configure SAP to send the IDocs to the JCo Server.

The Problem is that I get an Exception u201CRFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: handler for IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS was not installedu201D from DefaultServerWorker.dispatch().

This example implements the handleRequest function. But this method is not called at all.

Does anyone know what am I missing here? How and where can I install the handler for IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

george_younan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo!

I just got JCo Version 3.0.6 but i still get the same exception:

RfcException: [pcname|a_rfc]

message: handler for IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS was not installed

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 104

key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Exception raised by pcname|a_rfc

Does anyone has any idea what is causing this problem?

Thanks

george_younan
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

i found the solution to my problem. The handler was not properly registered ti the functionHandlerFactory!

may this will be helpful to someone else sometime!

cheers!

0 Kudos

Hi, George,

I know it's a long time since you've posted the thread but I have the same problem.

Could you please explain the solution in more detail?

Greetings HPB

0 Kudos

Found it. It was an incorrect service naming in the Jco Server.

george_younan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi again,

just some update concerning my problem. On douple clicking the u201Csapidoc3.jaru201D file I got an IDoc error that the JCo classes are not found. So I moved the u201Csapidoc3.jaru201D to the same folder where u201Csapjco3.jaru201D is located. On douple clicking the u201Csapidoc3.jaru201D again it could find the JCo classes but I got the following initialization error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.rt.About.<init>(About.java:45)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.rt.About.main(About.java:96)

Caused by: com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocRuntimeException: Initialization of the SAP Java IDoc Class Library 3.0.5 failed. Found the SAP Java Connector version 3.0.5 but version 3.0.6 or a higher patch level is required.

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.JCoIDoc.<clinit>(JCoIDoc.java:69)

... 2 more

So Iu2019m wondering if this could be the reason why Iu2019m having problem receiving IDocs?

Thanks!