SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Transfer for mis-posted payments

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I would like to know best practice to transfer mis posted payments between different companies (different company codes).

I found below approach (I am not sure if its correct or not):

1. Payment gets posted via regular batch (Account: ABC, Company Code: 001)

2. For cleared receivables - perform Reset cleared items - select option "Post Clearing Amount to Clarification Account"

3. Once that credit item is in clarification account, we can go to FPCPL, AND then replace existing contract account (i.e. ABC) with new account having different company code (new Account: ZYZ Company Code: 002).

4. Post

This approach did work and payment got posted to account 'ZYZ' having different company code. But is it a good practice?

Do let me know if you need any other information. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The process of handling the mis-posted payments that you have talked about in your post is the cleanest approach that is being followed.

It does change any attributes (Like document type, origin key ) of the original payments coming into SAP.

Moreover, the sole purpose of the transaction FPCPL is to find the relevant account and allocate the payments sitting in the clarification worklist against the respective accounts.

Another approach would be to use the transfer posting functionality in SAP, through which you can directly transfer the payment from one account to another, without going through the clarification worklist.

There are two ways in which you can perform the transfer posting-

(a) Thru FP40 for accounts in the same company code

(b) Thru FPE1 for accounts in different company codes.

For the second option, you need to do some configuration. Please refer to the following thread for the same-

However, if are using the transfer posting functionality, you have to reset clear the payments and make it as open item before performing the transfer.

While performing the transfer posting, the payment document that gets posted to the target account will be with document type-'TF'. and it is not possible to identify whether it is a payment or miscllaneous credit transfer by looking the document at a glance.

I would recommend you to use the process that you follow at present.

Hope it clarifies.......

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The process of handling the mis-posted payments that you have talked about in your post is the cleanest approach that is being followed.

It does change any attributes (Like document type, origin key ) of the original payments coming into SAP.

Moreover, the sole purpose of the transaction FPCPL is to find the relevant account and allocate the payments sitting in the clarification worklist against the respective accounts.

Another approach would be to use the transfer posting functionality in SAP, through which you can directly transfer the payment from one account to another, without going through the clarification worklist.

There are two ways in which you can perform the transfer posting-

(a) Thru FP40 for accounts in the same company code

(b) Thru FPE1 for accounts in different company codes.

For the second option, you need to do some configuration. Please refer to the following thread for the same-

However, if are using the transfer posting functionality, you have to reset clear the payments and make it as open item before performing the transfer.

While performing the transfer posting, the payment document that gets posted to the target account will be with document type-'TF'. and it is not possible to identify whether it is a payment or miscllaneous credit transfer by looking the document at a glance.

I would recommend you to use the process that you follow at present.

Hope it clarifies.......

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan (always).