Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1 with NW 7.1 SP07

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for some insight on when we might be able to go from NW 7.1 SP05 to SP07. Here is why I am interested.

We had SSO (Single Sign On) working with NW connected to Active Directory through SPNEGOand our users loved it. Recently our AD group upgraded to Windows 2008 R2. As a result, DES encryption which was needed by SPNEGO, is no longer supported and we no longer have SSOand our users are upset!

My Basis team is trying to help but they are saying that we need SP07 to solve this and that SAP has not tested MII with anything beyond SP05--and they do not want to install anything that SAP has not already tested.

It appears that even 12.2 (which we do not have yet) is running on SP05 so I am getting concerned that this could be a long term issue.

If anyone has any insight on when SP07 might be supported or if anyone knows of an alternate solution that is supported the info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

According to the SP Stack Application for downloads relating to "SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW CE 7.1" I don't see SP7. SP06 shows a date of 11/2010.

The path I followed was:

Support Packages and Patches - N

" SAP NETWEAVER CE"

SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW CE 7.1

Link to SP Stack Application

Is it just a typo in your original post or are they looking for support packs on a different NW?

Regards,

Jeremy

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

I should have put "CE" after NW in the subject line.

Unfortunately, since there is apparently no info on if or when SP07 will be an option I have no way of knowing when we might be able to fix this issue for our end users. Any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 create new challenges for Kerberos interoperability, since they have single-DES encryption disabled by default because of algorithm strength concerns.

It is possible to re-enable DES encryption, as described in the KB Article 977321: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977321

This however necessitates a change on all your Domain Controllers.

Rg

Joris Hermans