cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW process chain errors.. Last delta upload not yet completed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW (3.5) went down and the process chains did not finish running. I reran the process chains and ended up with an error "Last Delta upload not yet completed". After reading some other posts in the forum & deleted the red errored request from the manage infocube screen. Then I tried to re run the process chains again, and go the same error. I also tried to just execute that one delta load infopackage, but it says that I can't because it says "Last delta update is not yet complete. Therefore, no new delta update is possible. You can start the request again if the last delta request is red or green in the monitor".

Since I deleted the last request (the one that errored), how can I get it back so that I can load the delta update again? Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thank you,

Yumiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yumiko,

Are you sure that you have deleted the request from that IP . Because if u have deleted that request you would not recieve that message. The error "last Delta incorrect" .The problem here is the Delta upload has failed and the system is asking you to load the previous delta again for ensuring all the data is picked.

Once check the IP and Target Combination and see when the last request for delta has been sent. Analyze the request in RSRQ. And load the Delta again.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

srikanth_rapur2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me whether your delta load is master data load or transaction data load? if it is transaction data load then.

Please check job status, whether it is finished or still in active. if it is finished then there might be the case that same load triggered in some other process chain. Goto the target and check how may times the target is updated.

My process chain is failing for last 36 hours error is"Last delta incorrect. A repeat must be requested."

you should make the status red in the Tcode:rsmo for that particular request and aslo change the status to red in the target and then delete the request, now when you try to re trigger the infopackage it will ask for the last delta not updated would you want to repeat say yes.

Since I deleted the last request (the one that errored), how can I get it back so that I can load the delta update again? Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Your in  Bw 3.5 system, so you can get it back through RECONSTRUCTION TAB . select your target --right click -----manage------there you can see reconstruction tab--- select the reconstruction tab--- sellect the request you want to reconstruct back------then select reconstruct/insert tab then it will update in the target but make sure this request should be available in psa then only you can do this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Rapur.

There was issue related to the system. Hence by increasing the number of hours for the process chain running interval, its successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My process chain is failing for last 36 hours error is"Last delta incorrect. A repeat must be requested."

I did the repeat in process chain but still it's not working. The infopakage is in yellow color and the process is successful and moved to the next step

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

did you run last delta through process chain?? if yes just repeat the step from last execution of chain.

You may also try to run extraction mannually ans system will prompt you with same message followed by option to run repeate last delta, just chose to repeate and will work.

Regards

Sudeep

0 Kudos

1.In process chani right click and go to process monitor,if the traffic light in first tab is still yello means forcibly make it to Red.Since its IP thourh we have deleted the request from DT,sometimes background job will not get stopped untill it get finished.

2. Go to SM37 and findout the job name and kill it.

3.FM SAP_GUI_VARINAT*...forget the exact name...better search.In this FM give ur process variant(rightclick IP variant in PC) and forcibly make it Red.Then go to DT and delete the request if its there.Then rerun the PC.

Thanks

TG

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to change the status of the request you deleted to red and then try to rerun the process chain.

You can go to Reconstruction tab in Manage Infocube and click on monitor symbol of the request (latest one) you deleted.

Then click on Total Status Traffic Lights under header tab and change the status to red.

Edited by: sapwings on Mar 1, 2011 10:45 PM