cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing files on the application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying for some time now to find an elegant solution to storing an attachment on the application server. For example, notification object attachments. I have a solution in place, however, it is a mix of various unreleased SAP function modules and I cannot help but wonder if there is a simpler solution. I have seen tons of blogs using the GOS repository and I have used them to build my solution..however, I am constantly plagued by small problems with various file types and browsers.

My question is really, has SAP provided a standard solution to this problem and if so, what is it?

If not, any suggestions? Currently I am using the so_object_insert and binary_relation_create functions (among many others, but those are the primary) to achieve this functionality.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

The Problem with GOS is - i think - that some nice functions like the toolbar are only sapgui-relevant and not executeable in webdynpro-environments.

We use normalle the DVS Functionaly for that - cv01n, cv02n transactions and the bapis behind that for storing documents.

For smaller solutions we just store the file-content in a table, type RAWSTRING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unfamiliar with the DVS, I will have to look into it. I DO have the functionality in place for creating, retreiving and deleting documents from the GOS via a Web Dynpro screen. I am just not very happy with it considering all the different function modules I have to call which are unreleased and all the data transforming (hex->binary, string->xstring) I am doing.

My current solution allows storing any type of document as a business object attachment and allows the user to view them using native application support.

At any rate, I was hoping that there is something out there I have not found yet or if there existed a more elegant solution is all.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert, give DVS a chance. You can viel your docs then with normal transactions like cv03n etc, and these are all bapis that can be used from outside.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread.

In summary, I ended up sticking with my GOS solution.

Answers (0)