Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Data Entry Profile

Jackie_Ribeiro
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am having an issue restricting data entry profiles for CAT2. The data entry profiles have been set up with the authorization field filled in with a 4 digit code. In my pfcg role I have modified the P_ORGIN object and set info type to 0316 and the subtype to the 4 digit code that matches the data entry profile. When the user logs in they see all available profiles. Am I missing a step? Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to restrict users to only specific Data entry profiles, you will need to assign Profile Authorization group to your Data entry profile (See table V_TCATS) and then put the value of profile authorization group in P_ORGIN object as a subtype of dummy infotype 0316.

Profile auth groups organize data entry profiles into a group for use when assigning authorization for several data entry profiles to a user.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan

Thank you for your reply, this is exactly what I have done, but I can still see all the data entry profiles. Could there be other authorizations affecting this?

0 Kudos

Hello Jackie,

You might have already done this but can you check if the user is getting access to any other profile authorization group from other roles assigned to his user ID. Also, run user comparison if the roles are assigned directly to user and in case they are assigned to position, use RHPROFL0.

Thanks

Sandipan