cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the page size was not large enough to format the contents of an object in t

Former Member
0 Kudos

i get this error :-

the page size was not large enough to format the contents of an object in the report" in a subreport that has worked many many times. Under poage size for the subreport i have:

disassociate formatting checked

User defined

horizontal set to 20 inches

i have tried increasing sizes but to no effect.

It is related to one of the objects in the param, as if i exclude the object in the param the report works.

all text fields in the subreport also have "can grow"

any ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In crystal Report design view Right click and Click on Page Setup. In that, Orientation select as Land Scape and increase the left and right size of the Margins. It will increase the page size.

All the Best,

Madhu.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

I have the same problem. I had already use Land Scape orientation but my report must have about 60 column. So Land Scape has no profitable for me as it cannot hold all of that columns.

I use CR in VS 2008.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to resolve my problem by :-

Click page setup / click disassociate formatting........

then change the horizontal/vertical sizes until the report works.

hth John

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're on an older version of CR, which does not allow you to dissociate formatting (like me) here's an easy workaround...

1) Open Printer and Faxes from the Control Panel.

2) Choose File > Server Properties

3) Place a check in Create a new form

4) Create a new form with a width of 200 inches (... or more... or less) and give it a name.

Now when selecting your printer choose the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. The new page size will be available in the list of paper sizes.

HTH,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

What is Crystal Report version you talk about?

Basma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much,

to follow your solution I have to increase page height to hold all columns so that make page so long (Vertical page). When I use Pdf file to print report. Print font was so small and is not readable.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help

Basma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the Adobe Reader preferences and set to zoom to 100%.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks too much for your time spend to respond. I think you didn't understand my current problem. My problem become with Pdf page height. Each pdf page became able to hold up to 400 record and when I minimize the height from new form I created in Server Properties. Page cannot hold all columns. So I can say that I have maximize page width and height to hold all columns.

Respond me as soon as possible

Thanks in advance

Basma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still don't think I know what the problem is. There will always be issues associated with viewing and or printing ultra long or wide page formats.

The only times I ever use them myself, is when I'm creating reports that are to be used as extracts. That is to say, they will be exported as tab separated text files or CSV files and consumed by another computer application. I would never use them in a situation where the target audience is human.

If there is one true thing,.. Anything people see on screen, they want th option to print it on paper. You should keep this in mind when you are designing your reports.

Jason

Edited by: Jason Long on Mar 13, 2011 5:02 PM

Answers (0)