cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: Support team determination - Action Logs error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have customized the service desk functionality in Solman 7.0 EHP1 according to SAP help and the various (very helpful blogs from sdn). When I create a message from satelite system the "Support Team" field is already filled with the correct business partner, but when I look into the ACTIONS tab I see the following error message (red light) "Find support team responsible, when message is created". In the processing log I have the following entries:

"Processing CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 Is Started"

"Action could not be successfully executed".

Additional no Email is sent to the BP SUpport team even I have customized it accourding to the blog from Tammy Powlas "Service Desk Support Team E-mail Notification".

When I open the created message in change mode and save the message (without any changes), then the email is sent correctly.

Can anyone give me a hint, what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today I also have solved the problem with sending an email to sen support team when creating a messge in the satelite system. I have implemented the hint 1512895 and with this new action the email is sent when the message is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

I tried your settings and the mail is sent after creating the support message, but the PDF form in the Mail does not contain all the ticket data (e.g. from which system the ticket was created).

The error in the action log, concerning finding the support team responsible, is still there.

But concerning your question about finding the support team. Yes the business partner for the support team (org. unit) is found and entered into the ticket. The assigned business partner (User) which is the holder of the position in the Support team is not dertermined. Maybe this is my problem.

In PPOMA_CRM I have created the following structure for the support team

Org. unit: Service Desk (has ab BP number)

Position Service Manager (has no BP number)

Business Partner (has a BP number )

Is this correct?

br,

Thomas

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

When the PDF is generated during the creation of the message, some information is not yet available to the smartform program, so most of the fields are not filled. In order to have the complete PDF, you have to send the e-mail after the document is completely created, which means using the processing time "Processing when saved" (and then you have to open the message and save), or via Job using the Processing time "Processing using selection report", and scheduling the job as mentioned by Cristiano. In this case no e-mail will be created immediately as you wish (I did not use "sent immediately" , but "created immediately", because it also depends on your SCOT job which will send the e-mail). In my case I did not need to send in the e-mail details such as System ID, SAP Component and System details to the Support team, only the message number, priority and description.

If you decide to schedule the job, create a variant as explained by Cristiano. Enter the Application CRMD_ORDER, Action profile, Action definition if you want to specify which action or actions you want to execute (if you only want to schedule the job for your email to support team action, put this action definition here), Promotion status "0", keep empty field Processing type (do not put INT for e-mail), and select Processing Time "Processing using selection report". Keep dates in blank. Set "Processing without dialog" on. It's very important that you configure your action to be executed via report, as I said in the beginning, otherwise the job will not work and you will have the "0 actions have been selected" message. Also schedule your job periodically with a very short interval if you have many messages created each hour. It also depends on your SCOT configuration. The CRM action job will only send the e-mails to the queue.

The business partner assigned to the user that holds the position below the org unit should be entered in the message processor field, but this should not cause any error in the action that determines the Support Team business partner, as this field is correctly determined. Did you configure any other action or BADI to fulfill the message processor automatically? The standard SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER action as far as I know will not do it. I have Solution Manager 7.0 with SP25 and I don't have any error message in the FIND_PARTNER action, it is all green.

If you did not create yet any action or BADI implementation for the message processor, and if you have only one business partner (person) assigned to your support team, as you described (one Org Unit, with one position and one member), you can do the following:

- Go to the Access Sequences definition and copy access sequence 0009 (organizational data: employee for an org. unit). In the Individual Accesses change the Source from Department to Support Team.

- Go to the partner determination procedure and for the SLFN0004 select the access sequence just created.

This access sequence uses Rule AC10000258 to determine the business partner Employee of an Org Unit.

Try to create a new message and check if it works. This rule does not work if you have many members below one support team.

You may also check SAP note [1041455|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1041455].

Regards,

Raquel

Edited by: Raquel Cunha on Mar 3, 2011 4:30 PM

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Did you solve your problems?

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

yes the error message disappeare after deploying the service pack 25. Now I have a green light in the action tab. What I must check now is the email sending when creating the message. I have done all the configuration, but the email isn't sent.

When I enter the created message in change mode and save it, then the email is sent.

br,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

thanks for fast reply. I just implemented the note, but no changes happened. I still have this error message on the Actions tab after creating a messge. I have to mention that the field "Message processor" is not filled in my message, only the field "Support Team".

I also tried your hint with the job. I think for field "Application" you mean to insert CRM_ORDER instead of CRM_ACTION. In field "Action profile" I entered the value "SLFN0001_ADVANCED". After the job is finished the job log says "0 actions have been selected".

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check the blog

[/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination|/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination]

and the thread

[|]

Jansi

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is how I solved the problem of sending an e-mail to the support team immediately when it's created in the satellite system:

Configure your e-mail action to be processed immediately, and not when saved (Processing Time: Immediate processing), with the check box Schedule Automatically marked. Create a copy of action SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER and also set the processing time to Immediate processing. Enter for this action an order number lower than your email action, so that this action will be executed first.

I hope it helps. I am assuming that the support team determination is already working since you said that when you open the message and save it, the email is sent correctly.

Regards,

Raquel

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

The error message may be solved when you apply the note [1391222|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1391222] (it did solve this exactly issue in our system).

Regarding the mail, you need to schedule a job. Execute the transaction CRMC_ACTION_JOB, type CRM_ACTION in the application field and your action profile (the one that has the send mail actions) in the corresponding field. Promotion status must be set as "0" (zero) and "processing without dialog" must be set (flagged). Save this in a variant and schedule the job. This should send the mails.

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

Best Regards,

C Canzone