cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

must not modify a filtering node, modify the origin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have implemented a WDP JAVA app where I used removeSelectedElements() to remove the selected items, but in some times its throwing an error like com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ContextException: Node

must not modify a filtering node, modify the origin

its really panic to identify that particular scenario still am trying to identify, please let me know if anybody having any alter for this.

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Still am looking for posts on this, please let me know if anybody have suggestions on this.

Regards

Rajesh

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please paste your nodes and its structures in your context. Also can you paste your code in the action?

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In case of table filter there should be three nodes,

1st: source node(The container for actual data it may be model node, component controllers node or a node present in the view itself but mapped with a component controller node),

2nd: filter node: which will be having the attributes of type string some time other types but generally strings and the number of the attributes and name of the attributes will be similar to number of columns in table and name of those columns. * This should not be modified at runtime at any cost *, and i think somehow you are manipulating these attributes and you are getting the error.

3rd: the table source node: which will have the manipulated data from source node. Lets take it this way you get the data from source node filtered it (selected the data which should be visible) and put the filtered data in table source node and binded this node with the table to make these filter data visible over there.

In general case the source node and filter node should not be manipulated or modifies failing this will cause the errors like what you are getting. Please provide more details if you have any further questions or query.

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeetendra,

Yes your right, in my case am using the same node for manipulation.My application is like a OutLook Mail which will have a mails and user can select any mail and move that particular mail, in this case am deleting that selected mail here am using the removeselectedelement() as per my application design i couldn't keep dummy nodes like we do in filtering.

Please let me know if u have any alternates , yes I forgot one thing in some cases only am getting the above error i.e. must not modify a filtering node, modify the origin but its for interrupting the my functional means which working as it is so here i need jsut by pass this error from my screen.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes i do agree and its obvious need in such case as yours and for the 2nd question yes i do have an alternative and very effective and easy to. You need to go through the tutorial provided for data filter in tables in [Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebDynproforJavaDemo+Kit] even we have implemented the same concept in our application. I highly recommend this for your case. Please do revert back in case of any query regarding this.

Thanks & Regards

Jeetendra