Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much effort to do workflow if OM not fully implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client has only implemented a mini master HR to support their SAP Travel management. SAP is interfaced to Peoplesoft to populate the necessary HR infotypes. OM has not been implemented.

Ideally the client would like to provide workflow to improve on the existing Travel processes.

Am I correct that OM must be populated with the necessary Org. structure & positions and associated Workflow necessary relationships. Also employees would need to be linked, via integration to the positions.

Finally they would like to implement Structural authorizations.

My guess is that this would be a significant amount of work, not to mention ongoing maintenance, given that Peoplesoft is actually the HR system of record.

Am I correct or is there a minimal way of doing this?

TIA,

Ed

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ed,

I am working with a client who is interested in creating an HR mini master to support the use of CATS integration with Timelink for tracking indirect labor among other things. Peoplesoft is there system of record for HR data. They are interested in finding out what options are available to interface SAP to Peoplesoft to keep the HR mini master synchronized between systems. I see from your posting you have a client who has such an interface. I owe my customer an estimate on what it will take to build this interface. Can you give me an idea of what was involved?

Thanks,

Gary