cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD that should be called during the hourly performance collector run. It is not being called as expected. It does run successfully when run manually through SE38. Does anyone have suggestions of what may be wrong/missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

two questions:

a) Which basis release do you use? Starting with basis release 7.00, Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD is not supported anymore. You would have to implement a BADI instead. See note 931446.

b) Did you implement Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD as a function module? You mentioned SE38 which runs ABAP reports, not function modules, therefore my question. See note 143550.

Hope this helps,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

James/Frank:

b) as far as my testing has gone Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD will only be executed with report RSSTAT83. I have it successfully running on R/3 4.7 Enterprise (since Feb'06) and 6.40 (since last week). We had to schedule RSSTAT83 specifically for this matter every hour. The note mentioned by Frank gave me a close aproximation to success.

The data I'm actually retreiveing is response times. I'm now after user and transaction stats.

Regards

Michael

AndreasVogel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Michael,

RSSTAT83 is executed during the hourly SAP standard batch job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR (see SAP note 12103). RSSTAT83 reads the statistical records, calculates the aggregations for ST03, and finally calls the Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD. This userexit is described by SAP note 143550.

There is also an interesting weblog by Frank about the

<a href="/people/frank.klausner/blog/2007/01/19/nw2004s-workload-statistics-collector-implementing-a-badi-as-user-exit">user exit</a>. If you are using the Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD you should really read this, because the parallel execution is an issue for Z_USEREXIT_WORKLOAD as well.

Andreas

Answers (0)