cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to access jms dead message queues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anybody know how to access the jms dead message queues?

I have read in the SAP documentation that we can use some JMS commands from the telnet. I don't know how to use those commands.

Can anybody provide a step-by-step process to access these queues?

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

First of all, you should open a telnet connection to the J2EE engine. You can do this from a DOS prompt with the command:

telnet localhost 50008

where 50008 is the telnet port of your server. If your server installation is c:\usr\sap\<some_three_letter_SID>\JCxx\..., then your telent port should be 5xx08.

Login using your J2EE administrator user name and password.

Alternatively, you can open a telnet connection using the SAP Management Console.

Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) - you should have a shortcut to it somewhere on your desktop. It's a shortcut with target <your_windows_dir>\system32\mmc.exe "<your_windows_dir>\sapmmc.msc". Opening the MMC, in the right panel navigate the tree to Console Root -> SAP Systems -> <some_threeletter_SID> -> <some_hostname 0> -> J2EE Processes and click on it. In the right panel you will see a list of the J2EE processes, something like

dispather

server0

server1

SDM

Right-click on "dispatcher", select "J2EE Telnet" from the drop-down and login using your J2EE administrator user name and password.

Once you have logged in, type the following telnet commands:

lsc

This will list the cluster elements. Find "Server 0", look the value in the "ID" column and type your next command:

jump x

where x is this ID. Then type these commands:

add jms

jms list deadmsgs

Hope this helps:)

Stoyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kalyan,

Also try posting this question in the WAS forum and JAVA programming forum. You might get some hints there too.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

"They are added to the shell environment by executing ADD JMS on the command line." is what the thread says..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

I have read through those links. I am in Microsoft environment. How to execute those commands was my question.

ADD JMS doesn't work at Windows command prompt.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for the links. I have seen them. I don't know how to execute those commands is my original question.

Do you know from where I can execute those commands? I tried executing them from the command prompt, which didn't work.

Thanks

Kalyan