cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "No expense type for estimated costs" though OF16 isn't activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all!

We got error message 'No expense type for estimated costs has been defined. Cannot save' while saving travel request. I've cheked OF16 and found that Funds management isn't activated for any company code. Then I try to create travel request for employee belong to another company code and it was done without this error. I've checked T706B1 also, and found no records for estimated cost (with EST_C = 'X').

Could you tell me, whether any settings exist for company code or TPV regarding this issue?

I thought that the reason were missing records in T706B1 table, but it works correctly for one company code and doesn't for another.

Thanks a lot, Artsiom!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you have activated the integration to funds management, the system tries to create a commitment for the entered estimated cost. For this it is necessary, as the error message says, to create an expense type for the estimated cost in V_T706B1 with the use 'Estimated Cost'.

This expense type is then inserted in the trip and later on, when your create the expense report, you are forced to delete this

expense type again.

If you have the funds management active, you need to go to maintainance view V_T706B1 and create an expense type for which you choose out of the 'special use' drop down box the value 'extimated cost, no reimbursement'.

Hope this could help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally, Thanks for you respond, but it doesn't go to my question. At first, we've got no activated integration. And this error appears for one personnel number and doesn't appear for another... I think it doesn't relate to 'estimate' expense type in T706B1.

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes sorry I reviewed the earlier message again and I see you are not using active funds management - can I check though, do you have in V_T706B1 an estimated cost type defined as "estimated costs,no reimbursement to employee"

This was new functionality with ERP2005 but this is unusual as almost all PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE174 or error messages as you see are the result of incorrect definition of estimated cost in V_T706B1 - is there an entry for this in V_T706B4 by any chance that would cause the inconsistency?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I wondered if you can help clarify about the expense type.

I understand from many of the threads that when Funds Management is activated, a new expense type with estimated costs must be created.

What I am not clear about is

Do I create a new standalone expense type for estimated csots OR

Do I change all the existing expense type where I update the field "Amounts are" to "Estimated costs, No reimbursement to Employee" for each of the existing expense type.

Many thanks.

purva_kabra
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Sally,

Can you describe the employee permissibility in table V_t706B.

For all the expenses type created i have emp. permissibility as 123456789?

Still i am getting error

No authorization for travel expense type 5009 on 13.08.2022

Message no. 56162

Diagnosis

Trip expense type 5009 is not allowed for the employee's employee

grouping.

Procedure

Change the employee grouping in the employee grouping for trip expen

type field in infotype 0017 or the permissibility for the expense ty

in the trip expense type permissibility field in view V_T706B.

Kindly provide solution

thanks

Purva

Monika_
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check in view V_T706B1 (and not V_T706B)

Regards,

Monika

Answers (0)