cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to Different Profit Centers with different g/l s, condition wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am fasing a posting issue in contract.

I have different conditions in contract,and depends on the condition,flow type ,A/c symbol , I have different g/l for each condition.

At Contract level (General Data screen) I am giving one profit Centre(XXX).while posting , all the conditions are hitting at the same profit centre(XXX) only, instead of hitting the relevant profit centers which are mentioned at Condition G/l level.

Some times it is hitting at the correct G/L, but profit center showing the same one(XXX) which mentioned at header level.

My requiremnt is to hit the corresponding profit centers & G/L s only.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Eswar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NitinA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

Have you tried the possibility of using substitutions in FI.

Cheers..

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this can be done at the conditions tab in the contract. Select the condition type and for the selected condition type goto details window below in the same screen. In the details goto terms tab. create a new organizational assignment and in it provide the profit center. This will be specific to the condition type selected in the top. and u can have different profit centres for different condition types.

Regards,

Deepak

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

unfortunately I have to disagree with you. It is not possible to assign different profit centers for different conditions of the same contract. If you create another organizational assignment the field profit center should be greyed out.

Please review your statement and let me know if you managed it really because this would be an error then.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

I have to say that I have done it in the contract. And we can change the profit centers for each condition type. Currently in IDES also, in the contract I can change the profit centres for the condition types.

Regards,

Deepak

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

thank you for your explanation. But did you really manage to get 2 different profit centers in one contract at the same time?

I checked it in my system. It is possible, of course, to change the profit center, but this change is then valid for all conditions of the contract.

- The profit center is changeable only in the standard term for organisational assignment.

- If an additional organisational term is created the profit center field is greyed out.

- When the profit center is changed in the standard organisational assignment term this affects all conditions.

This is the actual standard behaviour.

Example:

Create a new contract:

organizational assignment standard: profit center A

organizational assignment 10 (deviating): profit center B <<< should never be possible, because the field profit center is greyed out

I am wondering how you managed to get his though and waiting for your remarks.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak & Franz,

Thank you for your promt replies.

what ever deppak is telling is correct.I also tried to assign the Original Assignement, but Profit Center & Business area are Gred out.

So How to give this Profit center in the Original Assignement.

Regards,

Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested the scenario and it indeed the fields are greyed out. Fraz u r correct in ur assesment.

Regards,

Deepak

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

thank you for the confirmation.

Regards, Franz

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

you can fill profit center only in the standard organisational assignment. So unfortunately it is not possible to have different profit centers at the same time in a contract.

Regards, Franz

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eswar,

this functionality is not supported. The contract is an account assignment element which a profit center is explicitly derived from. This uniqueness corresponds to the principle in the CO: a PC is explicitly determined depending on account assignment object.

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards, Franz