cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Search Tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company is looking at using CTM. I have seen some SAP slides which details the CTM Search Tree process. This process is detailing where there are 3 PPM's to choose from and the system is choosing the PPM to first check for a solution based on the PPM priority. It will first check the highest priority PPM for a solution. If it does not find a solution then it will move to the second highest priority PPM and so on. Please can someone advise:

1) Where is this PPM priority maintained?

2) Is this the same for PDS?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use the transaction /SAPAPO/SCC03 - Production Process Model in chnage mode to change the priority.

Open the transation with correct PPM name.In the change screen double click on the PPM option , you will be able to check the PPM Plan .Now double click on the PPM Plan you can enter procurement priority.

Now in case of PDS you need to maintain priority through a BAPI.

BAPI_PDSSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI.

Hope this will help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushik,

Thank you for your helpful answer. So it is fair to say for the PDS, that the Quota is really the main way to prioritise the PDS to be used if you did not want to go to the technical effort of using the BAPI to update the priority?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding quota is like deviding the requirement but in prioritization is more like use second one if the first one is consumed.

So quota can be a work around but not exactly the same as priority.

Also CTM supports quota till capacity consumption is not 100 %.If all the capacity is consumed then CTM will not take quota into consideration.Please check that also.

Hope this can help.

regards,

kaushik