cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Updated by Field Work....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help on how the *Updated By* field values are populated, specially when the values are updated through a Workflow.

I read the following in the MDM Documentation.

If trigger action is Record Add, Record Update, or Record Import for a workflow. The [System] is the creator and launcher of the job but is not a real user.

This is even true if the Owner of the workflow is the Admin.

After our server migration was done, instead of showing [System] as the Updated By it now shows the Admin.

What could be the reason for this. Do i need to contact SAP or is there something that needs to be done at the respository level to get the Updated By field to work as expected.

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

As far as i am concerned, this is not true. Field Updated by type of User Stamp should only show user's which are there in User's table of MDM console under node Admin-->Users. When we don't have any User of repository with name System, there is no point it will show you user System for field Updated by.

Query 1: Can you please confirm, do you have this User "system" available in your repository under node admin-->Users in MDM console ?

Query 2: Also, After our server migration was done, instead of showing System as the Updated By it now shows the Admin.

I seriously have doubt on this. Can you please check do you have really user System for existing records too? I mean you can do Free-form search for field Updated by with value system. I am sure even for existing records (whether in before server migration or in existing) you will not get single record with field updated by "system" . Can you please confirm on this ?

May be I am wrong, so kindly revert with your findings and confirm above both queries..?

Regards,

Mandeep Saini