Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new editor for Text elements in Smart forms

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've a problem on SAP demo system (version 7.2). When I add new Text element on window then on tab General Attributes I'm only able to see ComboBoxes for "Text Type", "Start", button pencil (for going into fullscreen old editor) and button for checking object. The last thing is that I can also see here label "Use the fullscreen text editor". When I've checked on other systems I saw that instead of that label there is new editor here, and clicking on pencil button leads to new fullscreen editor.

Does anybody know where I can enforce smartforms builder to use new editor?

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean you want to use the old SAPSCRIPT graphical editor? you should be able to switch to this using report RSCPSETEDITOR for sapscript and smartforms. i.e. by disabling the MS Word editor.

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcin,

I'm not sure whether you are looking for "Graphical PC editor". You can enable it via

SE38->Utilities->Settings->SAPscript->check the Graphical PC editor option

or

open the text element in Smartform -> Goto -> Configure editor check the Graphical PC editor option .

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcin,

Is the text edit portion showing as disabled?

FYI i don't have MS Office installed on my frontend & in my case the text edit is disabled. Is this the case with you as well

BR,

Suhas

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for replys. It turned out that microsoft word is set as a default viewer for smart forms (which I don't have installed on my computer). After using that RSCPSETEDITOR report I was able to make it work without office.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Smartforms tcode first check in Utilities-->Settings -->Editor-Text Deit Control.

You can also gotose38>Utilities>AbapEditor>Editor-->Check the radio button Front-End-Editor.

Thanks

Arbind

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you wrote is connected with writing ABAP code (in smart forms, SE38, SE80 or other transaction) and not with texts in Text elements where you can set paragraph and character format, so this is not what I'm looking for.

Br

Marcin Cholewczuk