cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to create repository in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I am not able to connect to database from my Comsole.

When I tried to unarchieve or create a new repository it will ask Database name, User id and password then only I can enter repository name. When I enter Database name, user id and Password I am getting an error like "Unable to connect to Database Server".

Already I checked these from my end.

1) I checked Database is up or not. Database is up and Running.

2) I tried to logon into database with the user id I am trying in Console. At Database level I am able to login. But when I tried in Console to connect to database I am not able to connect to Database server from concole.

3) I tried changing the password at mds.ini file and restarted the MDM Server also. But still error remain same.

Can anyone help me out why I am getitng that error "Unable to connect to Database Server". I need to add any parameters in mds.ini file. or I am missing any connections parameters

Thanks

Kiran

Edited by: Kiran on Mar 1, 2011 9:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask the basis guys in ur team

or from the system you are connecting to the MDM , ping the ports / ip on which the DB server is and see if it responds.

but again, to me this seems a DB issue - than any MDM problem

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, just seeif you are using username / pwd for the DB is that of admin to be used for MDM purpose. check doc from SAP to the basis team for the same.

check also , if the same pwd has been changed at the DB level and if after that the system DB / MDM server has been restarted.

check also if any NEW firewalls have been set up for the Q environment

hope this helps.

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

Everything I checked. Everything we did. But still I am getting this error.

check also if any NEW firewalls have been set up for the Q environment (where I can search this??????)

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If you are using MDM 7.1 Sp3 or higher version, you can easily correct this error "Unable to connect to Database Server" using The MDM Configuration Assistant tool . This will solve your problem.

For complete details, please refer below SAP Note and blog.

1. SAP Note 1543650 - MDM Configuration Assistant

2. /people/markus.ganser/blog/2011/02/07/sap-netweaver-mdm-configuration-made-easy

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for the Info. My MDM version is 7.1.02.59.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

But when I tried in Console to connect to database I am not able to connect to Database server from concole.

you can try below approach:

Right click on your MDM server (In MDM Console)>DBMS Settings>Here give the correct credentials (DBMS Server, User and Password) and give the log path something as C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 7.1\Console\Logs

Once it is done, I hope you will able to connect to DBMS server using MDM Console correctly.

Also, if you are using Database MS_SQL 2008, please check SAP Note 1560827 - MDM Server (MDS) is unable to connect to the DBMS

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I am using IBMDB2 on Unix Platform. Even I tried right clicking on the server>DBMS Settings> and given correct Database Server name, user id and password also. But still I am getting the same error message "Unable to connect to Database server".

Thanks

Kiran

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please make sure you are doing correctly all the steps in the Instalation guide, specially the "Setting the Database" and "Setting up User Environment" parts:

-Installing and Setting Up SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 with IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

"https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000059322011E"

BR,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Yes I installed correct only. After I install in DEV. Its working. After that I installed in QA. In QA also it works fine. But suddenlly one morning I am getting that error "Unable to connect to database server".

From that day onwards I am not able to create a repository also. I don't know why it worked in the begning and suddenlly it is not connecting.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Try this solution.

Login as <SID>adm user, Open the database scripts(.mdmdbenv_<hostname>.sh,.mdmdbenv_<hostname>.csh, .mdmdbenv.sh, .mdmdbenv.csh) located at the home of the user and change the settings.Make sure the below variables are correctly set.

DB2_CLIENT_LIBRARY_HOME (sh)

DB2_CLIENT_HOME (csh)

Restart the SAP Instance.

Regards,

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I tried all above options.

And I raised to SAP. They told like you are in Old Version update to latest Patch MDM 7.1 SP06.

But I dont think If I update Patches to MDM 7.1 SP06 it will solve this problem. But I trying to do that.

Mean while If I see logs at Server level I am able this this error.

Error Message "SQL_ERROR SQLSTATE= 08001, ErrorCode= -1013, Msg=[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1013N The database alias name or database name "M7P" could not be found. SQLSTATE=42705 GetDiagRec/Connect: 08001(0), ErrorCode= -1013,"

Can you please suggest as I am missing any parameters in MDS.ini file or MDS_List.ini files or any entries at Database level files. Or after Installing Database I need to set any parameter at Database level or MDM level . Just I am wondering where I missed???

Any Help!!!

Thanks

Kiran