cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management against payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SAP experts

If the customer payment terms is "pay within 7 days" and customer doesn't pay the outstanding within days then further sales order (after 8th day) for the customer should go for credit block.

To fulfill this requirement I have done automatic static credit check settings with open items activated, Max open item % value 50 and zero (another setting), No of days openl 7 days, Oldest open item and Days oldest item value 7 days.

I have assigned the risk category to the customer in FD32 transaction and payment terms in customer master data.

First sales order created on 27.02.2011 with posting date 15.02.2011 and second sales order created on 27.02.2011 with posting date 27.02.2011. I expected system will block second sales order due to credit check because the first sales order is overdue, but it doesn't happen.

can any one please explain why and how to control it?

I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Megha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

Max.open.item % is meant for different purpose, and we can mention Maximum percentage of overdue open items/customer balance in that field.

In order to meet up your requirement, use the option Oldest Open ITEM. This will solve your issue.

Activate the indicator OLDESTOPENITEM indicator; and check the STATUS/BLOCK indicator.

If you enter Days oldestItem as 1; then, the system will check if there are any open items (open accounting documents) which are due for one day; If the sysetm finds such open items, then it will block subsequent orders.

You can make use of the transaction FD10N to find out the overdue open items.

I have not tried with value 0 for this particular field. Just try. Hope this will solve your issue.

Thank you

Venkatesh SP

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 2, 2011 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Venkatesh...

By Megha

Answers (0)