Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict user to print the document

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have uploaded and linked a scanned document to SAP FI Document by transaction code OAWD by SAP Archive Link.

Say 1700000145,

Co.Co. BP01

Fis Yr. 2011.

Object BKPF

User is able to see the linked document in FB03 from Services for Object>Attachment List.

I want to restrict the user from printing the document.

I checked with Authorization Object "S_WFAR_KPR" & "S_WFAR_OBJ". But this did not help.

Can you please guide me how to handle this scenario.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Have you seen in roles , object for activities like create,change,display. Kindly check if you have a option for print in activity. from there you can restrict. But if don't find such a option then you can't control printing otherwise you have to restrict the user for displaying also.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

Thanks for your reply.

I have cheked the Auth Obj "S_WFAR_OBJ" It has activity 04 "Print, edit messages". But this is not solving my purpose.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wonder using a pdf conversion package would see you through this wherein you convert the documents onto a common neutral format with the print option disabled?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply. I am uploadi ng documents in *.tiff format. I am able to view document in ECL Viewer.

When I right click on page, I get a context menu. When I click "print " option it prints the document. I want to restrict this operation.

Any inputs on this?

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you could look if your ABAPer can suppress the data for print parameter in the context menu.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar