cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have been asked to install an ADS (Adobe Document Service) instance. The reason for making a standalone instance is that we donu2019t have any other Java instances running where Adobe could be deployed.

I have thought of just installing an Netweaver Java Instance with the ADOBE Java component deployed and then I will go through the guide u201CConfiguration Guide for SAP Interactive Forms by Adobeu201D.

Is this really all i have to do, or am i missing something? Is there any pitfalls i should be aware of?

When i search for adobe on SAP Marketplace in Download, then i get the following different adobe hits:

- ADOBE DOCUMENT SERVICES

- ADOBE LIVECYCLE DESIGNER

What is the difference between these two components?

Do i need both components in order to print SAP forms to PDF?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Adobe Document Service (ADS) is installed on Java Stack. Including PDF generation, ADS provides a set of services at runtime.

1.Create and deploy interactive forms that look exactly like their paper counterparts

2.Work with forms in online and offline scenarios

3.Annotate PDF documents and collaborate on PDF document reviews

4.Generate dynamic PDF documents from data contained in the SAP system

5.Capture data using forms and import that data directly into the SAP system

6.Allow users to digitally sign PDF documents

7.Embed other file formats inside PDF documents as attachments

Adobe Lifecycle Designer is a different thing. It is a developer specific tool which has to be installed in developer's local machine. In SAP Interactive Forms, you design the layout of your forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that actually helped a lot

I was just wondering if you could help me out regarding the option of installing ADS on an allready existing Java instance?

I have looked in the u201CADS Landscape considerationsu201D, and here some different landscape scenarios regarding ADS is shown.

In this guide SAP does not show the possibility of deploying the ADS component on the PI/XI system. Is this because it is not recommended? Or is it okay to deploy ADS on the PI/XI Java instance?

thanks

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't get what you mean by PI/XI Java instance. If you are talking about the java stack where PI is installed, you can install ADS in the same instance. I think the steps are available in the installation guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes that i what i mean (install Adobe on the PI Java instance).

The reason i ask is, if you look at this document "ADS Landscape Recommendations":

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0ce3d21-cb09-2e10-36b0-e4c816738...

Then the only scenario NOT mentioned, is the one where you use PI/XI Java as the place for your ADS.

/Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I just checked the link. The document shows few examples of java stack with portal and java stack with BI. But I don't find anything wrong in installing the ADS in java stack with PI.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Okay, that makes good sence

Thanks a lot for your help!

Answers (0)