cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Exception - Application Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have File-xi-rfc-File -> I am using a BPM which on receiving a file calls RFC synchronously and the response from RFC to File. In RFC Send step - I have given an exception handler - which calls the exception branch.

In the exception branch I have mapped the RFC request to my errorhandling message and sent as email.

The sync send step is inside the block and I have given the exception branch name in send step and also the whole block.

The problem here is, I get a dump in RFC when executing this interface which throws as an RFC exception - Aapplication error to XI. How do I catch such exceptions?? Its not gng to exception branch in this case...

1. Could I not do a dummy maping in exception handling branch which completes the process by sending email to resp persons?

Please advice...

Thanks

Thilothama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get dump in the RFC, try to catch this exception in the RFC with RFC exception structure and send the response back to XI with Exception.Now you can easily handle this .

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna moorthy,

This is a user defined RFC and I dont throw any exceptions to XI through RFC structure. I have many BAPI calls inside and if the BAPI throws error - I give that as error in BAPIRET struc of RFC to XI.

No due to some BAPI struc change, there was an exception thrown and I got a dump in R3. It came as RFC exception - Application error in XI.

In BPM, The block containing sync RFC call to R3 - has an exception handler in which I have a dummy mapping - which maps the RFC req to Errormsg and sends as email.

My question is - If I got an exception i nthe BPM - my exception handler branch should be called right?? why was it not called??

Also - Other than wrapping my RFC in another RFC and catch the exception and send to XI - is there any way else to handle such exception?

I cannot resend the message in XI for this error - restart not possbile and also the sender cannot resend the message also..How do I resend such message in XI - is there a way in BPM???

Thank you

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May be this weblogs will help you...

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm-contd--restart-workflow

Thanks,

sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

I know this thread has more than two years.

Maybe this help, restart the communication channel that is giving you troubles.

Best regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

Look at this blog ..

/people/tarun.telang2/blog/2005/10/01/debugging-a-rfc-call-using-jco-api

It shows how to analyze the dump of an RFC call

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S please mark helpful answers