cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to see all billing types in use at present ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

My comp is moving for an upgrade. How can I see the list of all billing types that are being used by the company ?

The navigation "IMG>sales and distribution>billing>billing documents>define billing types>define billing types" shows me all the regular billing types what SAP got. How can I know as to what only are in practice ?

I am sorry if this question sounds silly or weird.... am kind of new

Please help. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can refer latest version of customizing document ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Getting a list of billing types is a small step in understanding what is 'in the system' in preparing for an upgrade. It's more important to understand the chain of documents - potentially starting from inquiry, all the way through the accounting document for a debit/credit note.

It's the chains that are important for the upgrade - this is for two reasons.

1. You don't test a billing document on its own.

2. Upgrade issues (95% of the time) are due to custom code - and the copy routines are often custom

What I have done in the past is start with the initial documents in the chains - and work through the chains forward to build up the scenarios, You can map these out in a flowchart - of just use Excel.

For example e.g

Sales Order ==> Delivery type ==> Billing doc==> FI Doc

ZOR LF F2 RV

This doesn't take that long - and gives a very good idea of what the real scenarios are. You will generally not get a complete answer from any use - or from the pre-existing documentation.

Depending on you controlling modules, you can also add the different accounting doc (CO, COPA, PCA, Special Ledger)

You can use SE16 as other replies have mentioned. Use VBAK (sales docs) , VBFA (docunent flow), VBRK (billing docs)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can I see the list of all billing types that are being used by the company ? 
 How can I know as to what only are in practice ?

List out all billing types used by company in report VF05/VF05N or in table VBRK.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While the suggestion given already should work, what would happen if diffierent billing document type generated which was prior to the period you gave.

So I feel the better option would be take the help of ABAPer, execute the report /1BCDWB/DBVBRK in background and add the logic not to consider duplicate document types.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can get it from table VBRK. Put the date range in field FKDAT - from and to - for which you want to know the billing types used. Then execute and the field FKART will give you the billing types used. You can download into excel and remove the repeated ones and you have the list.

Thanks