cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking back up of Transactional data in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do I ensure that I have a backup of transactional data (Including orders) in SNP. I believe one idea is to create a version, say 123, and copy data from active version 000 to version 123. Is this the best way to take back-up of transactional data in SNP?

I believe I cannot extract transaction data into an infocube because I will not be able to save orders in an infocube. Is there a better way to take a back up of data in SNP??

Thanks,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes, version copy is the better way to take a backup Transactional data in SNP

Regards

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Since transactional data is dynamic and I hope APO system is connected R3 system ... so you can always restore the transactional data from R3 to APO.

Copying version can also be used for simulations.

Thanks

Venkat DR

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiv

I agree with what Venkat has mentioned. If your APO system is connected to R/3 system then i dont see the need to back up transaction data.

Also i dont understand why you cant backup the data to info cube. You can by all means create an info cube and dump all your transaction data to the cube . Also you can write BEx queries and use data in the cube for reporting purposes.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guys, Thanks for your response.

@aparna... I was under the assumption that orders cannot be stored in an info cube...that was the reason I thought transactional data cannot be stored in an Info cube. I will try to store the transactional data in an Infocube and check if everyhting is fine...Thanks for your help.

@venkat....Do I have to set up an Integration model for the transactional data to be linked to R-3 or is it linked directly to R-3?

Regards,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes, you have to setup Intigration models for the transactional data to be linked to R/3, you have to setup CIF connection between APO and R/3, by default no intigration models will be create automatically.

To get transfer data between APO and R/3 perticular material & locations should be active in the intigration model.

for more details gothrough any CIF documents.

Regards

Kishore