cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB x64 installer missing ADO.NET driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a tonne of reading, googling, downloading, and then installing both x64 and x86 versions of the installer I realised that the x64 version does not contain either the ADO.NET driver or some PHP software either.

I could not find any information saying that it was not explicitly in there.

Should it be included?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply.

The problem i have is, I am running a 64bit version of Windows 7 Pro.

I am trying to create a asp.net website to connect to a MaxDB database instance.

I installed the x64 version of the MaxDB_all installer to get the ADO.NET driver, but it is not in there.

I tried to install the x86 MaxDB_all installer but it errors saying:

-

Installation failed

-

ERR: Error

ERR: Checking installation kit failed

ERR: Checking package SQLDBC 77 failed

ERR: Software isn't runnable on your system:

testFile = MS Windows 32-bit i386 executable dll

-

OK

-

So, I manually extracted the SDB.Data.dll file and placed it into my site's bin folder.

I then created a System DSN using C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe and tried to use that, but that throws an error because I am using a 32bit dll to cal la 64bit odbc driver.

I also tried to manually register the 32bit odbc drivers (after pulling them from the installer) using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe but to no avail.

Is there going to be a 64bit version of the ADO.NET driver, or do I need to rebuild my entire machine with a 32bit version of windows? And will that even enable me to use the x86 installer?

Cheers.

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, neither ADO.NET nor PHP is meant to be included in the 64bit package. A (hmm, rather old) version of the PHP sources for MaxDB can be downloaded here [http://pecl.php.net/package/maxdb].

Best regards,

Steffen