cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in phase Perform post-load activities (System Copy)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

During a system copy in phase 18 "Perform post-load activities" the sapinst stops with an error. I checked sapinst.log:

ERROR 2011-02-28 18:57:30.786
CJS-00084  SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-00205: error in identifying control file, check alert log for more info

Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
. SOLUTION: For more information, see ora_sql_results.log and the Oracle documentation.

ERROR 2011-02-28 18:57:30.789
MUT-03025  Caught ESAPinstException in module call: .

ERROR 2011-02-28 18:57:31.580
FCO-00011  The step convertPFileToSPFile with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_Postload|ind|ind|ind|ind|postload|0|NW_Postload_ORA|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|convertPFileToSPFile was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-00205: error in identifying control file, check alert log for more info

I also checked ora_sql_results:

MMNL started with pid=16, OS id=20993 
ORACLE_BASE not set in environment. It is recommended
that ORACLE_BASE be set in the environment
Mon Feb 28 18:57:30 2011
ALTER DATABASE   MOUNT
ORA-00210: cannot open the specified control file
ORA-00202: control file: '/oracle/W01/112_64/dbs/cntrlW01.dbf'
ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory
Additional information: 3
ORA-205 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE   MOUNT...

I checked control_files parameter:

SQL> show parameter control_files;
/oracle/W01/112_64/dbs/cntrlW01.dbf

I go to that path, but I don´t see in there any file cntrlW01.dbf!!

Also...I don´t have any control file in origlogA/cntrl neither origlogB/cntrl or .../sapdata1/cntrl

I have a backup of control.sql that I generated (in source system) at begining of this system copy process!

Can you help me please how to solve this issue?!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you executed control.sql already? Because control files are generated by this sql script.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yeah, I forgot to mentioned that... I did that... I run directly the script control.sql that was generated at begining on source system:

SQL> @/oracle/CONTROL.SQL
Connected.
ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance
ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first

Control file created.

Database altered.

Tablespace altered.

Then I did a backup to controlfile:

SQL> alter database backup controlfile to trace as '/oracle/W01/backup.sql';

Database altered.

But after a while the same problem ocurred, I retry the installation in sapinst and the same problem ocorred! I don´t know why...

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, Control.sql steps need to be performed by sapinst. But since you have already done that, you can edit keydb.xml file and change the status of ERROR phase to OK. then this error will go and it will move to next phase.

Thanks

Sunny

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny Pahuja,

I done that... as I wrote in my previous message!

But as I told too, after that I retry the installation/sapinst it stopped again with the same error! So... I believe when I ran that script (control.sql) in fact nothing happened, because I didn´t see any control file cntrl.dbf on the three possible locations (.../origlogA/cntrl ; .../origlogB/cntrl ; /sapdata1/cntrl).

When you recommended continue the installation and pass away this step, I think that is dangerous... editing the keydb.xml it is possible even if control files has not been created in database struture!?

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny and others,

The main error here was sapinst couldn´t find and read the cntrlW01.dbf because this file was not on that location (/oracle/W01/112_64/dbs).

I already solved this issue... what I did was:

1º) As user ora I went in sqlplus as sysdba and I ran the following script (the control.sql script that was generated at the begining of the system copy process):

SQL> @/oracle/CONTROL.SQL
Connected.
ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance
ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first

Control file created.

Database altered.

Tablespace altered.

2º) This is very important, is necessary to know where is the .CTL that was created with the script, so I checked what was the value of the parameter control_files in that moment:

SQL> show parameter control_files;
/oracle/W01/oraflash/W01/controlfile/o1_mf_6pqvl4jt_.ctl

3º) Next, logged with ora, for the sapinst read the value that it needed, I copied this file to the location/path that is needed for sapinst could read:

cp /oracle/W01/oraflash/W01/controlfile/o1_mf_6pqvl4jt_.ctl /oracle/W01/112_64/dbs/cntrlW01.dbf

4º) I ran the sapinst from the point he had stopped.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems Oracle is up and controlfiles got created, Check the controlfile locations(In parameter file) whether all are created or not.

Regards,

Nick Loy