Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Alert Recipients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have implemented Alerts in landscape and working fine. Now the requirement is

1) Operations team should receive alerts related to certain interface errors only

2) MDM team should receive alerts related to MDM Interface errors only

3) OTC team should receive alert emails to OTC related Interface errors only

As far as i know, we have to create separate alert categories for each and every interface to define recipients related to particular interface.

Is there any other way apart from this??

Regards

Edited by: Bhavana Ch on Feb 28, 2011 6:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of alert categories for each interface can lead to performance issues due to multiple RFC connections made by Alert server.

Coming to your requirement, you can create 2 alert categories (1 for AE and 1 for IE errors) for each team. Else create one alert caterory for each group which you can use for both AE and IE errors.

The recepient determination can be done using 'Recipients Via User Roles' or 'user subscription'. Fixed receipients can be used when you have a generic e-mail group for each team.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagarjuna,

You mean to say,

create 2 alert categories for each Group and define recipients, so that that team alone will receive the alert w.r.t. that Interface.

As far as i know, there is no way to identify the team by group of Interfaces. We can only identify Interface by interface

Any thoughts??

Regards

Edited by: Bhavana Ch on Feb 28, 2011 10:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos
As far as i know, there is no way to identify the team by group of Interfaces. We can only identify Interface by interface

The alert category which you created should have the team as receipients. You can configure that by any of the following ways-

1. Create a group mail Id for the team and give it in fixed recepients.

2. Use 'Subscription by authorization' and the team should subscribe only for alert category meant for them.

The alert rules which you create in RWB - 'Alert Configuration' should have the correct filtering criteria.

For example, the alert rules for MDM errors should use the Alert category created for MDM errors so that only users who subscribed/configured for that alert category will receive the alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Say for Ex: If i have 2 Interfaces for MDM:

Create one IE Alert Category for MDM and define recipients in that.

Come to RWB, define alert rule using that alert category for Interface1 with Interface Details & Define second alert Rule for second Interface details.

Can we assign one alert category to multiple Alert rules??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes..you can assign a alert category to multiple alert rules.

When defining alert rule, try to find a filter criteria for selecting all MDM interfaces. ex: filter based only on namespace or use * in combination with interface name if you have a specific naming standards fo each component..ex: MDM* etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I will update you

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create 2 alert categories for each recepient type.

In the alert rules by giving the interface details you can assign perticular category for that rule.

We are doing it here in similar way.

Thanks.