cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS Planning Board loads VERY SLOW; hoping a User Profile Parameter will fix

Former Member
0 Kudos

(*Large, global company - thousands of users, hundreds of APO users).

I've had my system working fine for a couple of years; the DS Planning Board used to take about 10 seconds to load.

Since a couple of months ago, it takes 10 MINUTES to load.

Nothing was changed or updated, and the APO/SAP experts in my company have no idea what's wrong.

Nobody else is affected.

Other boards work as normal. Just the Planning Board comes up slow.

Saving data, also takes 10 minutes, regardless of 1 item or 100 to be updated - same length of time.

It's a very stable duration, at just over 10 minutes. It's consistent, whether early-morning, late-afternoon, weekend, etc...

(It's ALMOST as if there's a parameter that says 'wait 10:00, and then proceed with the normal 10-second job of loading or saving the board.')

Early-November, I switched from a desktop to a laptop - no problems for a week...

I used the laptop from home OK for a half-day, then it just 'changed' to a 10-minute wait.

I thought it was laptop-relevant, but it continued when I docked at work. Now it's constant.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the SAP GUI completely. No change.

These are my settings relevant to performance (excluding custom download path, default unit of measure, etc...)

/SAPAPO/ATP_PRREG X

/SAPAPO/PRR A

/SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE L

/SAPAPO/SDP_GRAPH_TB X

/SAPAPO/SDP_XLS_FS 1

/SAPAPO/TS_QUEUE_UPD 3

/SAPAPO/VRSIOID 000

Z_CDPS_PERFORMANCE XXX

Any suggestions?

Edited by: DavidRTurner on Feb 28, 2011 4:28 PM for clarity

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

With your concerns, you can request assistance from your BASIS team for you to trace the abnormalities happening on your system. Best practice also is to clean up/frequent reprocess the blocked data (if any) into the inbound/outbound queues. Good luck man!

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done a performance trace or did you check in transaction SM50 what the planning board loading process is doing during the 10 minutes.

Do you also have to wait 10 minutes if you exit the planning board and adopt data? I am asking this, because if you save/adopt the data what the system is doing is first a save and then directly a reload.

Are there any (new) user exists active that create additional data for the planning board? Maybe even user dependend?