cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple UOM for Warehouse Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I need to create warehouse tasks in round UOMs - in example, 10 crates, 1 unit, etc. I have a "0WHT" type packspec determining the following:

Material 10000:

1st level: 1 EACH

2nd level: 1 CRATE = 10 EACHES

3rd level: 1 PALLET = 160 CRATES (this one creates a Handling Unit)

When I need to move 8 eaches (less than one crate), system creates WT in "EACH" UOM (and this is correct). When I need to move 10 or 20 eaches, system creates WT in "CRATES". The problem is when I need to move 15 eaches - it should (or I would like to) create two WTs, one for 1 crate, another for 5 eaches.

It is actually creating a single WT with 1,5 (one and a half) crate.

Is there any way to do this work properly?

Thanks in advance!

Tramontano.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Storage Type settings: Set the field 'Round Whole Units' to '2' ( Round down to a single Unit) and set the Quantity Classifer as per se '1'.

In the packspec: On the 2nd level set 'Crate' as Operative UOM. and Quantity classifier as '1'.

You can define Quantity Classifiers under the following Path:

Extended Warehouse Management->Cross-Process Settings->Warehouse Task->Define Quantity Classifications

Here is further documentation on Quantity Classifiers:

Quantity Classification in Warehouse

Definition

Describes in which packaging unit a product is stored in the warehouse.

Use

The storage type determination pick uses quantity classification to determine the storage type in which the product is stored in the optimal packaging unit. Quantity classification arises from the packing instruction, according to each quantity required.

The operative unit of measure also arises from the packing instruction, by means of quantity classification. Here, the system determines the quantity classification based on the customizing settings in the storage type, or in the product master on storage type level. The operative unit of measure is displayed when executing the transaction. If the setting round is set in the warehouse storage type, the system rounds the stock removal quantity based on the operative unit of measure.

Example

The following quantity classifications are defined for a warehouse:

1 = loose (individual components)

2 = cartons

3 = tiers

4 = pallets

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod Madhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good.... but as far as I know, this would set an specific storage type to be the "source" of all WTs whose quantity is multiple of a crate, right?

If this is true, I would need to have one storage type to pick crates, another to pick pallets, and one last to pick units (or "eaches").

My case use only two storage types: one for pallets (say, "0010" - pallets); and other to "retail" (say "0050" - picking). I want to pick full pallets from storage type 0010 (this is ok), and any other UoM from 0050.

In other words: lets say that I have a single picking position for product "A". This product can be shipped in 10-units crates, or in loose units. When I need to pick 10 units, the system would create one single task for "1 crate". When I need to pick 5 units, the system would create one single task for "5 units"...

...but when I need to pick 15 units, the system would create two WTs: one to pick "1 crate", another to pick "5 units". Both from the same picking position.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can acheive that. You need two storage type search sequences:

One for EAs and Crates . Do not use Quantity Classifier as the criteria in the Storage type search sequence. Put in all the Storage Types from which you do partial picks.

Second one for Full pallet picks. For full pallets you need to set up storage type search based on Quantity classifier per se 'P' and set it up at the storage type level and packspec level as well for all the products.

In the Search optimization , check the flag for Quantity classifier to be considered while performing search.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod.

Answers (0)