cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Download from VBAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Business has a request all the time to download data in to excel sheet from SAP so they can perform their analysis, the request is some time for couple of months of line items, and they could easily total up to 200,000 plus line items.

But while trying to download from table VBAP 200,000 or even 150,000 we get short dumps and most of them have to break it down to 35, or 40,000 line items and then download it.

what is the standard or the most that can be download each time from table VBAP ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not really an SD question... What are you using to get the data? SE16?

Check the OSS notes. I'd expect a time out wither when the data is selected or when it's exported to a file. But you're saying that short dump occurs after you select 'local file' but before you're able to specify the file name. This is rather strange.

If these are regular (e.g. monthly) requests you might want to explore alternative solutions, such as using LIS, BI/BW and such.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SD,

Ask your technical people bring that data into one internal table and try to download from there.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two things:

Time out is related to a setting in the Basis space. They can define after how much time a transaction should stop, e.g. 15 or 30 minutes. I believe this setting can only be changed when a system restart is executed.

In Excel version below 2007: only 65.534 rows

In Excel version 2007 and beyond: 1.000.000 rows.

FYI: last week I downloaded info from VBAP into a local file with 484.000 rows.

Regards,

Jan Pel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Thank you for your response, but i don"t have the option to choose 2007 in SAP when selecting the excel format, how do i get that option in SAP to choose 2007 ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the business need every single column in the VBAP table? If not, I would run VBAP looking for only those fields the business wants which will increase the amount of hits. You can do this while in SE16 by going to Settings --> List Format --> Choose Fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it more depends on the Excel version used. Excel 2010 has increased limits on rows considerably.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm, we have excel 2007 which also takes more than 67000k line items, but one thing i noticed is on the select spreadsheet box to choose the excel format, i only have

Excel ( In MHTML Format)

Excel ( In MHTMl Format for 2000/97

Star Office 8 Calc/Openoffice.Org

EXcel (In Office 2003 XML Format)

SAP - Internal XML Format

SAP Internal XLM - Format

Excel ( In Existing XXL Format)

and i am choose office 2003 format, how do i choose 2007 ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download file as Local File/Spreadsheet, then open the file with your version of Excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tired that option of Local file, I get the short dump for time out even before i get the option to define the file name & location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gui needs to be upgraded to be compatible with MS Office.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are currently have GUI Version 7.2 and windows 7, what needs to be changed u think ?

Edited by: SD.... on Feb 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it work if you Download file as Local File/Unconverted, insead of .../Spreadsheet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope, local file gives me a Dump as well before even i get to define the name and location of the file