cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCO Alias, Subscription Item, Notification Import/Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any easy way to import alias to PCO? I know there is xml import/export option.

But in UDS there was comma delimited text file import option. Is there any option in PCO alike in UDS? We have 800 tags for notification and it will be very difficult and painful to import them manually.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can import the notifications if you have already exported the PCo notification configuration XML from an earlier PCo instance.

You can import the tag aliases by a CSV file in the following format:

<AliasName>,<TagName>,,,,<DataType>,

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks, but which version of PCO you are using. I'm using 2.1.3.3 and there is not csv file import option. How can you upload csv file?

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can import the tag alias csv file in PCo by selecting the source system and clicking on Add Alias button in Alias tab on the left and clicking on Import from the pop-up menu.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I got it. I can upload with this way as i did before in UDS.

But what about subscription items and notifications. As i wrote we have 800 tags. And notifications has expressions also. Is there any option like alias for uploading notifications and subscription items.

Thank you

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to know that it helped. Actually I also couldn't find any documentation for CSV format for importing tag alias in PCo and found it myself by trial and error when I needed it sometime back.

However, I don't think there is an easy way such as CSV to import notifications as in the File->Import/Export menu in PCo only xml file is accepted. If you have defined the notifications in another instance of PCo then you can export the configuration XML from it and import it in the current one. Otherwise you need to somehow generate that XML with the notification data and can import it. You can check the XML format by exporting a sample PCo configuration with notification from a PCo instance.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your quick help and answers. I've thought about this, i even tried. But i hoped there should be some standard option. But as i understood there isn't any option, except tag alias.

I dont want to change this thread status to solved. I want they see this and at least add such import properties to PCO for next versions. Because even XML import option is working very bad and difficult. e.g. if you have the same agent instances or destination channels etc., it is not overwriting well, it is giving error and so on. The xml file understandable but there are lots of data in it. We will need to code some programs for making such XML file...

Anyway thank you again...

0 Kudos

Did you ever resolved your issue, if so I would like to find out what you did

Thanks

Answers (0)