cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a project & want to utilize universe. Should one wait for BO4

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of our goals is to utilize BOu2019s u201Csemanticu201D layer in our design for our project. And, as we already have BOE XI 3.1 connected to our SAP BW and Portal via the integration kit, would you see it as a waste of time if I was to proceed and utilize the UNV universes for now and then to convert them to UNX type universes when we get BO4.0?

Iu2019d like to take advantage of the time we have now but not waste it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Release 4.0 is in ramp up now so perhaps the best thing would be to participate in the ramp up? However, I wouldn't necessarily see developing .UNV files now as a wasted effort. You'd still learn a lot about the limitations of the data that will be provided via either .UNV or .UNX universes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback. I guess from a "analzysis / design" it should be the same. We have a very basic / simple initial project. One with five to ten BEx querries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's nothing to stop you doing it now then using the XI3 universe(s) as a good measure for migrating to XI4. If you're waiting for 4, there's no guarantee how long you'll have to wait whereas XI3 SP3 works fine with SAP data sources right now. It's the first major SAP release of BO so they will no doubt want to get it spot on, with functionality more important than delivery date.

Nobody remembers you putting a late system in, but they remember you putting a bad one in!