cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Sharepoint 2010 as DMS fo SAP - request for possible solutions

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

We would like to start using MOSS 2010 as the documen management systemfor SAP. I ws looking for documentation in SDN and the only solution I could find so far is Inet.DM. Are tere any other solutions available to setup Sharepoint as DMS for SAP?

kind regards

Angelique Heutinck

IFF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelique

Unfortunately there are only limited solutions to do this.

If you use something like iNet.dm, you cannot manage the documents in sharepoint as the solution only opens SharePoint as a SAP repository so you'd have to use SAP DMS or ArchiveLink which leaves limited access outside of SAP. (Documents are stored in random folder structures so they are not accessible via the normal channels, only full text search in SharePoint). There are some web based views for iNET.DM but nothing that would allow you full management to the level that most customers want for all their documents as most of the scenarios they have built are for vendor invoice management or HR.

The only alternative is a solution like SAP Extended ECM by Open Text and combining this with CLM (content lifecycle manager) to give you the SharePoint integration but bear in mind this is web part integration so the information is actually managed in Open Text and SharePoint is used as a visual access layer. The upside with the Open Text solution is it addresses some of the shortcomings you would typically have in MOSS - not DoD or MoReq certified, no drawing management or digital asset management etc.

Unfortunately there are no easy (or cheap) ways to achieve what you want.

regards,

Athol

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

H i,

have a look at Duet Enterprise (www.duet.com). There is a integration already built in between Sharepoint 2010 and SAP ECC 6.0 EhP 5. This is also supporting DMS, Material Matster, ... (as far as I have seen).

I can also reconmend the success story by a partner (in german...): http://www.card-plm.eu/index.php?id=362

Hope this helps,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I'm not fluent in German but would I be right in believing that this is effectively creating SharePoint views for SAP DMS and the documents don't actually reside in SharePoint itself?

regards,

Athol

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

do you mean Collabware CLM for SharePoint?

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

or Open Text CLM Services for SharePoint?

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not mentioning OpenText - in the Duet Enterprise scenario from the CARDPLM success story the solution is (simplified) like this:

Sharepoint is the user interface, the content is saved in the backend SAP DMS. So the authorization or auditing from SAP DMS would still apply.

Hope this helps,

Martin

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry, this question was ment for athol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup. I was referring to Open Text CLM.